EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Navigation Map Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 09:09 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Navigation Map Update

If this has been discussed, please accept my apology. I did a search but couldn't find relevant threat(s).
I downloaded the update to an USB . Went to the car and looked for a screen to initiate the update but couldn't find the option anywhere in the MBX.
The only screen I saw was for the destination entry.
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-29-2022, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 314 Likes on 216 Posts
2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by asdf
If this has been discussed, please accept my apology. I did a search but couldn't find relevant threat(s).
I downloaded the update to an USB . Went to the car and looked for a screen to initiate the update but couldn't find the option anywhere in the MBX.
The only screen I saw was for the destination entry.
Thanks in advance.
Unless this is some sort of different update, several members stated that this update has to be done at the dealer.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:03 PM

When I signed on to the Mercedes Me account, there was a message that a map update was available. Was instructed to download a Download Manager to get the files onto a USB. I downloaded the entire US and Canada, 20 Mb.
Old 05-29-2022, 11:26 PM

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts
2022 EQS 580, 2020 Tesla Model X LR
When I signed on to the Mercedes Me account, there was a message that a map update was available. Was instructed to download a Download Manager to get the files onto a USB. I downloaded the entire US and Canada, 20 Mb.
The whole update is 20GB, not MB

I tried this multiple times but the car would always fail to install the updates. If I do one region at a time it works. Annoying…
Old 05-29-2022, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by StormingHabs

I tried this multiple times but the car would always fail to install the updates. If I do one region at a time it works. Annoying…
Yep, 20 GB.
What are the steps for the update process? I couldn't even find where to start.
Thanks.
Old 05-30-2022, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,120 Likes on 732 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Yep, 20 GB.
What are the steps for the update process? I couldn't even find where to start.
Thanks.
The notion of over the air updates is a fallacy. You may get a new soundsscape or other simple things over air. Big software updates require dealer visits. That is true of all cars.
Old 05-30-2022, 11:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
EQS 450
Originally Posted by StormingHabs

I found I could do 4 regions at a time. The update process is very slow and pauses when the car is turned off.
Old 05-30-2022, 01:46 PM

Just went to the dealership.
They have no clue about how to update the navigation.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Just went to the dealership.
They have no clue about how to update the navigation.
Count me as confused on this topic. I talked to my dealer the other day and the GM told me there is no software update about the navigation map. In fact, there are zero updates on anything concerning the 580 at this time. So, what am I missing? Thanks.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Different things seem to be mixed in this thread. Navigation maps updates are done on-line for a limited (home) area. That and other regions can be updated off-line with a USB stick. Data for the USB stick can be downloaded from the Mercedes Me web site (both options described by some earlier messages of this thread). Switch ignition on and insert the USB stick to the car USB slot and wait a bit until a message about new maps data appears. Activate update from the pop-up message.

An update of the MBUX system would not happen over the air but needs to be done at the workshop with the diagnostics tool. This is needed e.g. for the zero layer UI update.

Some other smaller telematics updates may be done over the air but are quite rare. Other than entertainment and telematics related updates all need workshop tools (AFAIK).
Old 06-02-2022, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Different things seem to be mixed in this thread. Navigation maps updates are done on-line for a limited (home) area. That and other regions can be updated off-line with a USB stick. Data for the USB stick can be downloaded from the Mercedes Me web site (both options described by some earlier messages of this thread). Switch ignition on and insert the USB stick to the car USB slot and wait a bit until a message about new maps data appears. Activate update from the pop-up message.

An update of the MBUX system would not happen over the air but needs to be done at the workshop with the diagnostics tool. This is needed e.g. for the zero layer UI update.

Some other smaller telematics updates may be done over the air but are quite rare. Other than entertainment and telematics related updates all need workshop tools (AFAIK).
The updating process is very clunky with the USB stick. I've tried it twice and failed. Both times, after 90 minutes or so, the process stalled at 70% and then gave me the message "failed".
Question: would we get a notice to bring the car in for MBUX system update?
Old 06-02-2022, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by AppleFan1
Count me as confused on this topic. I talked to my dealer the other day and the GM told me there is no software update about the navigation map. In fact, there are zero updates on anything concerning the 580 at this time. So, what am I missing? Thanks.
Dealership, at least mine, is not informed about the software aspects. I've been told a few things that turned out to be wrong.
For example, I was told my account was set up for EA Charging. Wrong. I needed to call MB to fix this. Took them a few days.
Told the car could only update via T-mobile. Wrong: I stumbled onto a screen on the MBUX to add the option for the car to connect to my home wifi.
Steps listed in thread #10 was what I did for the Nav map update.
Old 06-02-2022, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Dealership, at least mine, is not informed about the software aspects. I've been told a few things that turned out to be wrong.
For example, I was told my account was set up for EA Charging. Wrong. I needed to call MB to fix this. Took them a few days.
Told the car could only update via T-mobile. Wrong: I stumbled onto a screen on the MBUX to add the option for the car to connect to my home wifi.
Steps listed in thread #10 was what I did for the Nav map update.
Thanks again. I'm in no hurry so, I think I'll wait for the dealer to get with it. I would think that eventually they will.
Old 06-03-2022, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
The updating process is very clunky with the USB stick. I've tried it twice and failed. Both times, after 90 minutes or so, the process stalled at 70% and then gave me the message "failed".
Question: would we get a notice to bring the car in for MBUX system update?
I have not faced problems with maps database updates but it certainly takes a long time if I let it update the whole Europe at once. Would be interesting to know what exactly causes your failed message. Did you try another USB stick and perhaps another download in case the USB content was not good (although it should be good if the download manager reports success).

There would not be any message about software updates that need to be handled at the dealer. Mercedes Me app might be the proper tool for such information but it currently does not alert anything else than over the air updates.

Last edited by Diesel Benz; 06-03-2022 at 01:00 PM.