EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Scheduled pauses in charging

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 04:17 PM

Received 445 Likes on 279 Posts
EQS 450+
Scheduled pauses in charging

So, you guys probably already know this, but I decided to program scheduled pauses into my charging program. With the heat wave in Texas, the grid is really stressed. Our local electric company, CPS in San Antonio, is asking for all of us to conserve energy as best we can during the afternoon and early evening hours to ease the stress on the grid. There is no difference in the rate we pay for electricity in our system, but there is a real possibility of brown-outs in the late afternoon and evening as this hot Summer continues, so I am trying to do my part. So, I scheduled a charging pause from 12:00 Noon until 9:00 PM. So, now, on the days I need to charge, I come home from the golf course and just plug in and lock the car and forget about it. At 9:00 PM, the car begins charging, and completes the charge overnight when the electric demand is lower. Works like a charm. This is an amazing car, and I continue to learn more tricks for optimizing it's performance.
The following 4 users liked this post by hlothery:
bgrewal (07-26-2022), dblankenbaker (07-27-2022), Diesel Benz (07-27-2022), js_cls (07-27-2022)