When your car isn’t unique anymore

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,122 Likes on 734 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
I vinyl wrapped mine which costs about $500. But the other option is to call Mercedes and order the window trim from the EQS AMG and have them install it. Or have any body shop do that. The black trim is available it is just not available with the car from the factory.
I had not thought of that! But knowing MB they probably want 10K for the set! I just replaced the drvier's front vent window and it was 1000 dollars for a 6x4 in piece of glass! Im also waiting for a set of winter of rims and tires.....almost 6K!!!! Too may "merry" expenses for now😁
Old 08-24-2022, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 853 Likes on 547 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by c4004matic
I had not thought of that! But knowing MB they probably want 10K for the set! I just replaced the drvier's front vent window and it was 1000 dollars for a 6x4 in piece of glass! Im also waiting for a set of winter of rims and tires.....almost 6K!!!! Too may "merry" expenses for now😁
No idea. But I do know it was $1200 including install on my Jag F-Type when I did that (actual factory trim replacement). My guess is EQS will be more but not a lot more. As reference I looked into the grille and the cost of the part on that was $755.
Old 08-24-2022, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 853 Likes on 547 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by bgrewal
Would you add Matte PPF over Metallic Black? I realize it is personal preference. But add Matte with Tint and no Chrome will make it an aggressive BadA** look rather than the Luxury look. I can't decide yet.
I would for two reasons:
1) It looks good. See the Lamborghini video I posted above.
2) The pain with black paint is micro scratches. It's so hard to keep looking good. That goes away with satin paint.
Old 08-24-2022, 10:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
EQS
Originally Posted by bgrewal
$7200 to cover entire Metallic Black with Matte PPF, Full Ceramic and Ceramic Tint of all glass and Chrome delete. Good deal? I'm torn between going Matte or Glossy.
This is a good deal IF your installer is good. If you search through a bunch of the MB forums, you’ll see a lot of comments that it’s the installer that makes all the difference - particularly if you’re going to XPEL stealth wrap a glossy or metallic finish. If the corners aren’t tucked right or it’s a mediocre job, you’ll be unhappy with the appearance in due time - things like dirt buildup or lifting of the edges will be noticeable and probably drive you up the wall. Definitely worth scoping out some examples of their work before you drop the dough to fully wrap the EV.
The following users liked this post:
bgrewal (08-25-2022)