EQS EQS (V297) sedan

How to Reset EQS window

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz EQS 450+
Unhappy How to Reset EQS window

One of my windows in my EQS 450+ keep opening half way (3 times) when I try to close it. Anyone knows hot to reset the windows in an EQS? The instructions in the manual are very confusing. I took the car to the service department at my local MB dealer and they run diagnostic on my car and found no issues with it but they don't know why the window won't stay close when using the automatic close bottom.
Old 09-23-2022, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 927 Likes on 606 Posts
2019 SL550/2023 EQS 580 SUV
Someone posted this phone number recently. Maybe they can help.

Old 09-23-2022, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,120 Likes on 732 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by EnriqueMD
One of my windows in my EQS 450+ keep opening half way (3 times) when I try to close it. Anyone knows hot to reset the windows in an EQS? The instructions in the manual are very confusing. I took the car to the service department at my local MB dealer and they run diagnostic on my car and found no issues with it but they don't know why the window won't stay close when using the automatic close bottom.
If its like any other merc, lower it and hold the button down for a few seconds, then up and hold a few seconds. With the door closed of course since if you do it with the door open the window will not go all the way up.
Old 09-23-2022, 05:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,654 Likes on 2,257 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Not sure if the procedure is the same as past MBs, to reset the windows or re-synchronize them try the following, do it for each window you have problems with:
1. Close all doors
2. Have accessory mode on then CLOSE the windows
3. Once it stops release and then pull the switch up like you normally CLOSE the windows for 5 seconds, make sure to pull it beyond resistance (in other words if you have not noticed already if you slightly pull it and then you pull it harder there is a click, that is called beyond resistance.
The following users liked this post:
c4004matic (09-24-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 06:57 PM

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts
S580
Try it with the door open. If it works properly with the door open, there could be some resistance. If so the dealer can lubricate the rubber guides or remove the door panel to see what is binding and make the proper adjustment.
The following users liked this post:
EnriqueMD (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 02:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2022 EQS
I had the same exact problem. We finally solved it by closing the window without using the “auto close” feature. It seems the “auto close” feature is very sensitive to any resistance and sometimes when the window gets to the top, it detect some resistance and it lowers the window back half way. Once we closed the window without using the “auto close” feature, the problem was solved and we were able to subsequently use the auto close. We discussed the issue with our Mercedes foreman and his response was that it is a common problem in Mercedes cars and should get used to it. BTW, we did get the same response on few other issues as well.