EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Just picked up new EQS 450+ - questions???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 926 Likes on 606 Posts
2019 SL550/2023 EQS 580 SUV
There was a post on the SL forum a few years ago where a fellows 550 followed the car ahead of him through a red light…😊
Old 05-01-2023, 06:58 PM

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Utopia Texas
I remember Windows 95 and don’t trust most of the self driving features yet! 😊
You don't need to "trust" it fully.
Let it do all the dirty work, and you just sit back and monitor it to make sure it does its job.

Believe me, using adaptive cruise control through traffic jam is amazing, and reduce your stress level by 90%.
Instead of stressing out through the stop and go, you can just sit back and enjoy the music and the sound system.
I wish it has hands free driving like BMW though.
Old 05-01-2023, 07:01 PM

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
There was a post on the SL forum a few years ago where a fellows 550 followed the car ahead of him through a red light…😊
With Level 2 driving assist, you can never fully rely on the system.
I am always ready to adjust the steering, adjust the gap with the car in front etc, and you need to brake for red light and stop sign.
Old 05-02-2023, 02:07 PM

Received 100 Likes on 75 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
I can imagine it would be easy to be lulled into complacency...
The following users liked this post:
MBNUT1 (05-02-2023)
Old 05-02-2023, 04:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Audi ETron
Thanks, I understand that. Guess your traffic is worse than mine in Sarasota. I also use the ACC from time to time in those cases.
Old 05-04-2023, 06:33 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
EQS 580
Creep mode makes it easier for me to back out of my garage which is almost on the through street with 0 visibility. (I live in a downtown metro area.) I can hit the brakes more quickly. Like you, I use no recuperation. When out and about, I don't notice the creep.
The following users liked this post:
ScottM5000 (05-04-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 01:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cadillac ELR. EQS450+
What range are you getting on that 450+ with those huge tires?
Also, do you have the acoustic glass option?
Is the ride truly hushed at highway speeds?
Thank you and Congratulations!
Old 05-04-2023, 03:15 PM

Audi ETron
I get about 400 miles in around town warm weather (I live in Florida) driving. Cold weather or highway speed will reduce that - I have not yet taken any long trips. And I have the 21" tires. I do not have acoustic glass and the ride is generally hushed, but greatly depends on the road surface. On a rough road you will certainly hear tire noise.
Old 05-08-2023, 07:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
s550
Originally Posted by Qwiklap
I am a conquest from Tesla Model 3 - and got in on the LeaseHackr deal for the MQS. Mine is a 450+ with Silver on Neva Gray, AMG exterior trim, 22" multispoke wheels, and the ambient lighting package. Basically -- everything I needed (nothing I don't). Although I would have enjoyed the massaging seats and scented air. I do love the car overall -- great ride, so quiet compared to the Model 3, and very, very comfortable.

Questions on settings:

1. Is there a way to make the car default to intelligent recuperation?
2. Is there a way to make the car default to Individual on the dynamic select mode function? I have read no -- but just checking if there is a secret setting.
3. Any fixes for the mushy braking pedal?
Congrats on the new 450+. Wish you many miles of fun. I have put on 1000 miles in a month and love every bit of it. For your question, it may already be answered but I will try to answer them hoping it helps you.

1. Is there a way to make the car default to intelligent recuperation?
  • Owner's manual (pg 187) states the Intelligent Recuperation will be the default mode on start up if it was previously selected when last powering down the car. This isn't working in my car.
  • May be in future an update is pushed to fix it.
2. Is there a way to make the car default to Individual on the dynamic select mode function? I have read no -- but just checking if there is a secret setting.
  • I want this option too. Unfortunately there is no way to make it default.
  • But it can prompt you to use it when you start the car the next time. So here is what you can do, go to Individual settings and click on 'Request at Startup' once you are done adjusting the settings. I have my drive and sound in comfort mode and everything else in Sport. Makes a world of difference in the suspension.
  • When you start the car next time, at the top of the screen, you will be prompted to Tap in order to use individual setting. You can select it to use it.
  • Hoping in future it is provided as an option as its a software mod.
3. Any fixes for the mushy braking pedal?
  • None. Learn to live with it is what I feel.

Old 05-08-2023, 09:29 PM

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by jlt1112
Creep mode makes it easier for me to back out of my garage which is almost on the through street with 0 visibility.
How do you do this? Is this hands free?
Old 05-11-2023, 06:52 AM

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
Presently 19 S560 SEDAN, 2014 XK, SOLD GLE 450e
Originally Posted by jlt1112
Creep mode makes it easier for me to back out of my garage which is almost on the through street with 0 visibility. (I live in a downtown metro area.) I can hit the brakes more quickly. Like you, I use no recuperation. When out and about, I don't notice the creep.
One of the first things I did after buying the car was to turn 'creep' off. But.........I find when backing the car out of my slopped driveway and modulating the brake pedal, it's too jerky backing up. Maybe I'll try 'creep' today and see if it's better backing out of the driveway.

i use Strong when in the neighborhood, Much like Teslas , letting off the pedal when coming to a stop sign and completly stopping at the sign.
Old 06-07-2023, 08:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
EQS 450
I remember Windows 95 and don’t trust most of the self driving features yet! 😊
I think this is an apt analogy. EQS450 is the Windows 95 of cars.
Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM

Genesis GV60
Originally Posted by HAILERS2
Not so. It will come to a complete stop…..IF you have Creep mode turned off. And if your in strong recupperation by using the left paddle while moving
If you are in normal recuperation or strong recuperation, does holding the left paddle engage max recuperation for the duration that you're holding it? That's how the Ioniq 5/6, Genesis GV60, and Kia EV6/EV9 work.
Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
EQE 350 4matic
Intelligent recuperation defaulting to last set seem to be an issue with MBUX, no it has nothing do with EPA rules or any other regulationz

source: 23 EQB loaner I had which was brand new was able to recall last set D mode at every new drive.

24 EQB loaner (which runs same OS as EQE and EQS) wasn’t doing this.

individual drive mode recall: Can be done but requires manual intervention. If Individual mode was get on vehicle turn off and exit on the next new drive after logging into your profile you’ll get a notification that you can tap to switch to individual.

THIS is due to consumption measurement requirements by EPA.
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM

EQE 350 4matic
3. Brake Pedal feel: I got an answer from L2 support and Engineering team at MBUSA. They’ve fixed this behavior and have a new hardware and software to brake pedal and Brake light behavior.

“Due to technical complexity and cost to customer we would not be able to offer this to our existing vehicles, but the current MY24 vehicles feature this and are available for sale”

TLDR: Sucks for you, buy our new car - MBUSA
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM

Received 261 Likes on 154 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by EQEBlue

.....individual drive mode recall: Can be done but requires manual intervention. If Individual mode was get on vehicle turn off and exit on the next new drive after logging into your profile you’ll get a notification that you can tap to switch to individual....
Actually, it's possible to have the default drive mode set to "Individual" by having one of the third party remote coding firms change this setting. I like having "Individual" as the default, since I can tweak the setting for various conditions and they remain set through daily on/off cycles.

Last edited by LAZARU5; Yesterday at 05:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by LAZARU5:
EQEBlue (Yesterday), icwhatudidthere (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM

EQE 350 4matic
Originally Posted by LAZARU5
Actually, it's possible to have the default drive mode set to "Individual" by having one of the third party remote coding firms change this setting. I like having "Individual" as the default, since I can tweak the setting for various conditions and they remain set through daily on/off cycles.
@LAZARU5 Can you check to see if you can have D Auto behavior and DISTRONIC memory is also possible? Where we don’t have to set it every time?