EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Internet and WiFi success!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2023, 06:55 AM

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts
2022 EQS 450+ Pinnacle
Internet and WiFi success!

After months of speaking with Deutsche Telekom (T-Mobile) I have achieved success! I finally got in touch with an agent from Hamburg who figured out the problem and was able to assist. Briefly, there was a lock on the HotSpot Drive account on my vehicle and he was able to reset it based upon identifying my vehicle's VIN and associating it with the long numerical customer code that comes at the bottom of any email communication from HotSpot Drive. Once identified, the reset happened a few days later and I was able to log in and buy the yearly data plan. Voila, internet radio and online music work once again (the icons were returned and reinstated after the year expiration earlier in the month). Some ask why get the data plan as most of us have mobile hotspots on our mobiles and I would answer that I like to have that data stream free for Waze while I drive without my children attaching their iPads to my phone. They can attach to the in vehicle hot spot instead and the ability of the vehicle to get a signal when my phone struggles seems to be superior.

Happy camper right now as everything that is supposed to be working in the EQS is working.

Cheers!
The following 3 users liked this post by pmichaelmd:
AppleFan1 (04-25-2023), Diesel Benz (04-25-2023), ScottC2 (04-25-2023)
Old 04-26-2023, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQS SUV
Hey,

i have same problem but still not been able to solve it can you give me more info how it's been solved so i can tell the customer support on it ?

by me on the app i can't activate the intenet in the car it's grey and on the account of internet provider they can get my car to connect to them.
Old 04-26-2023, 08:59 AM

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts
2022 EQS 450+ Pinnacle
Originally Posted by RemiZagh
Hey,

i have same problem but still not been able to solve it can you give me more info how it's been solved so i can tell the customer support on it ?

by me on the app i can't activate the intenet in the car it's grey and on the account of internet provider they can get my car to connect to them.
I would call customer support. The number is at the bottom of the page. If you have received any email from them (like after you created a Hotspot Drive account) there will be a long customer number at the bottom of that email. They will ask for that and try to associate it with your Hotspot Drive account and VIN. That is what worked for me.
best of luck!

https://www.daimlerna.hotspotdrive.com/#/

The following users liked this post:
Mem30306 (01-31-2024)