EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Bluetooth and data questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2023, 03:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Tesla Model Y
Bluetooth and data questions

New 450 4Matic sedan owner here. I have a couple of questions about connectivity:

1. Is there a way to have my android phone quickly connect via Bluetooth every time I enter the car? Sometimes it connects automatically, sometimes it connects automatically but not right away, and sometimes it doesn't connect automatically and I have to turn my phone's Bluetooth on and off to get it to connect.

2. Is there a way to have Bluetooth tethering automatically connect for data? I have to manually turn it on in my phone every time and then go into the MBUX and "search for data" and choose my phone.

3. Where do I purchase a data plan for the vehicle?

I am located in USA and I have a Google Pixel XL phone.

Thanks in advance
Old 04-30-2023, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,568 Posts
2019 C63CS
  1. That's most likely a problem with your phone. There's nothing on the MBUX side to speed this up. The phone is what connects with MBUX once it "sees" it. FWIW, I never have issues with my iPhone connecting to BT in any car. The connection is established quickly after the car is started and the Infotainment system has booted to the point where BT is active.
  2. This is also your phone's doing. The phone hotspot is usually shut down once the last device disconnects. So you have to start it again for new devices to connect. There are apps for Android that allow you to program automations. For example you could create an automation that starts the hotspot as soon as the phone has connected to your car via BT.
  3. Login to the Mercedes me connect portal and go to Manage Services. There you can top off the hotspot and buy a data plan. It will take you to the carrier's website to sign up. Most likely T-Mobile in your case.

Last edited by superswiss; 04-30-2023 at 07:24 PM.