EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Two new safety recalls (US)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2023, 01:08 PM

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
2022 EQS 450+, 2020 BMW i3, 2017 BMW 328d
Two new safety recalls (US)

At least for my 2022, two new safety recalls showed up.

NHTSA ID 23V260 Update ESP Monitoring Software (remedy available)
Mercedes-Benz AG (“MBAG”), the manufacturer of Mercedes-Benz vehicles, has determined that on certain EQS and S-Class (297 and 223 platform) vehicles, the Electronic Stability Program ("ESP") monitoring software might not meet current specifications. Under certain conditions, the ESP monitoring software could erroneously determine a fault condition. In that event, the ESP fault response would limit the functionality of the vehicle’s dynamic control systems (ABS, ASR, ESP, and EBD) and the speedometer could indicate a speed of 0 mph, regardless of the actual vehicle speed. This might increase the risk of a crash.
NHTSA ID 23V405 Update Electric Drivetrain Software (remedy not yet available)
Mercedes-Benz AG (“MBAG”), the manufacturer of Mercedes-Benz vehicles, has determined that on certain 2022-2023 EQS, EQS SUV, and EQE (297, 296, and 295 platform) vehicles, under specific conditions, the electric drivetrain may be deactivated due to software fault management logic that does not meet current production specifications. A loss of propulsion cannot be ruled out,which could increase the risk of a crash. When the issue occurs, multiple warning messages are displayed in the instrument cluster.
At least for 260, they only update the ESP software and nothing else. Any way I can get them to update everything on the car all at once?
The following 3 users liked this post by capt_slow:
23-EQS580-SUV (06-12-2023), Fyrcity (06-14-2023), SaffsDad (06-13-2023)