EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Loaner Cars from Dealership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,861 Likes on 1,841 Posts
2024 S580
I just don’t see how a different battery can make the car feel so different you would like one but not the other. It’s not like an engine…

Last edited by SW20S; 07-19-2023 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-14-2024, 04:09 PM

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
2011 C300 Sport, P1, MM, Wood, Heated FS, DIY rearview camera. 2002 QX4
Last week I brought my 2011 C300 in for repair. I got 2024 C300 as a loaner. It looks much better inside out, with bunch of technologies and features.
However, the material around the infotainment is squeaky when I push it, not sure if it's the cheap material or an assembly issue. Everywhere else is rock solid.
Main thing is the driving experience. When light turn to green, the startup is delayed, acceleration is not linear compared to my V6. The exhort sound is rough too.
More and more cars become smaller engine with turbo, as government mandates higher MPG I guess.
Old 05-14-2024, 07:39 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
GLC EQB GLS C300 convertible
Originally Posted by AppleFan1
I brought my EQS580 to the Des Moines dealer today for the 2 recent recalls. It took longer than expected and my service advisor offered me an EQS450 SUV with no questions asked. I’ve had nothing but good experiences at this dealership. A couple hours later I drove back to the dealership with the loaner and picked my awesome 580. My 580 is a MUCH better car than the loaner they gave me.
why is the 580 much better than the 450?
Old 05-15-2024, 11:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023-EQS 580
Loaner Blues

Sorry to hear of your experience with loaners. With Ford and BMW I always get a loner that is equal to or a little better than my car being serviced. Knock on wood ... have not had any service issues with my 2023 EQS 580 SUV.
Stan
Old 05-16-2024, 02:31 PM

Received 88 Likes on 47 Posts
23 EQS 450 4matic sedan
Originally Posted by superswiss
My dealership has a fleet of MB loaners, but if I don't reserve one when making the appointment, then they will be likely out of loaners. I usually make the appointment online, but then have to call to reserve a loaner and they will tell me right away if one is available and if not offer to reschedule the appointment. All pretty reasonable. They don't have unlimited loaners. I've also heard that they now have a small fleet of EQ loaners that they reserve for the EQ customers.
I've had similar experiences but usually have the same service advisor for each appointment. I send a text, and they schedule the appointment for when a loaner is available. I live over 90 miles away, and as someone else mentioned in this thread, they tend to keep the cars at least overnight, if not longer. It's simpler than going through multiple steps, but I have used the online reservation system after hours. The business demands seem to require making a reservation well in advance, as they are usually busy, often over a week or more. This means you shouldn't expect to get a loaner on the same or the next day unless you're on a waitlist. This seems to be a common thread and is likely regionally dictated. The dealership graciously offered to drive over and exchange my EQS with the loaner I had been using, sparing me the long commute due to a health issue. While I appreciated the gesture, when it comes to someone other than myself or a significant other driving my vehicle, I usually try to avoid the potential for miscommunication or disputes. Regrettably, my concerns proved valid when I discovered a noticeable scrape on the front lower panel. Although the dealership promptly rectified the issue, I've decided to forgo this service in the future.

As an AMG owner, though, my biggest beef is that they don't have AMG loaners, which pretty much no dealership has.
Yeah, that's almost NEVER gonna happen. The GM that I work with at my dealership blatantly stated in an email, and I quote, "Yeah, ****, we wouldn’t put an AMGEQS into loaner service as that is not a car for an everyday driver; someone that doesn’t respect the power could get seriously hurt or beat the crap out of the car, even unintentionally, so that doesn’t work for us."
All the loaners are regular Plain Jane MBs, which to me are boring as hell. At one point they gave me an S 500, and I felt like I instantly aged 30 years driving that boat. .
Ahoy matey is right! I did not sign up for "The Land Barge Experience!" which is how I would characterize the S-Class loaner I drove. The seats were notably superior, however, providing a significantly better massage experience that could actually be felt and improved comfort with better seat adjustments. The headroom was also vastly improved, addressing a common complaint of mine. I've always disliked panoramic glass roofs and the underwhelming massaging features in my own package. If only I could transplant those seats into my EQS, it would be heavenly. This experience truly deepened my appreciation for the driving dynamics of my car. I also received an EQS 450 4matic, EQS SUV, and of course the S 500, all with less than 20 miles on them. Despite the S loaner boasting superior pinnacle-level features, the driving experience was unexpectedly underwhelming. I almost forgot how ICE cars sound when accelerating. I don't miss the grunt and lag. Needless to say, I was relieved to return to my EQS.

The following 2 users liked this post by J_Boxer:
MBNUT1 (05-17-2024), QuadBenz (05-17-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
Originally Posted by stanjj46
Sorry to hear of your experience with loaners. With Ford and BMW I always get a loner that is equal to or a little better than my car being serviced. Knock on wood ... have not had any service issues with my 2023 EQS 580 SUV.
Stan
When you drive one of the highest end cars a company makes, you're just not going to get loaners that are equal or better very often
Old 05-17-2024, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche, Cadillac
Originally Posted by J_Boxer
Ahoy matey is right! I did not sign up for "The Land Barge Experience!" which is how I would characterize the S-Class loaner I drove. The seats were notably superior, however, providing a significantly better massage experience that could actually be felt and improved comfort with better seat adjustments. The headroom was also vastly improved, addressing a common complaint of mine. I've always disliked panoramic glass roofs and the underwhelming massaging features in my own package. If only I could transplant those seats into my EQS, it would be heavenly. This experience truly deepened my appreciation for the driving dynamics of my car. I also received an EQS 450 4matic, EQS SUV, and of course the S 500, all with less than 20 miles on them. Despite the S loaner boasting superior pinnacle-level features, the driving experience was unexpectedly underwhelming. I almost forgot how ICE cars sound when accelerating. I don't miss the grunt and lag. Needless to say, I was relieved to return to my EQS.
I would love to hear how the experience differed between the S, EQS, and EQS SUV.
Old 05-17-2024, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
The S500 is very disappointing IMO, the car needs the V8.
Old 09-17-2024, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyes European Van Nuys, CA is a no go

Originally Posted by Immigrator
I have had to take my car ('22 EGS AMG) in for a problem with the HUD and have been disappointed to find that my local dealership provides service vehicles through Enterprise car rental. The first time, I was told they had no MB loaners available and I was offered a Mustang convertible. The next visit was the same, except the offered vehicle was a Chrysler minivan. I expressed my disdain with the service advisor and his manager, noting that it's ridiculous that they are providing substandard rental vehicles even when a customer is servicing a vehicle that cost $160K+, but I doubt it will have much impact on the bean counters.

I'm wondering if my experience is typical or if other dealerships continue to use a fleet of MB loaner vehicles.

My 2021 c63 engine light came on, took it to keyes european in Van Nuys, for the second time now they are telling me they have no loaners available until next month. I have work, I can’t miss it. I called Encino mercedes dealer, I got the same answer, no loaner available until next month.
Old 09-17-2024, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,973 Likes on 2,649 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by v213
My 2021 c63 engine light came on, took it to keyes european in Van Nuys, for the second time now they are telling me they have no loaners available until next month. I have work, I can’t miss it. I called Encino mercedes dealer, I got the same answer, no loaner available until next month.
My SA told me at the last appointment that they are running out of loaners. I still got one as I made my appointment two weeks in advance as usual. The main reason apparently is more and more customers are deciding to fix their existing cars and keep them, instead of trading it for a new one as they did in the past, so the appointments and workloads for the service departments have been on the rise. With the higher interest rates, people are holding off on buying a new car. Be prepared for loaners to get even scarcer. It doesn't help that the newer models have all kinds of issues requiring more frequent service visits to fix cars that should have never left the factory. Best thing is to never depend on a car, but that's America for you. In these moments you realize that you are a slave to your car rather than the car being the freedom everybody perceives it to be. It doesn't matter to me if I get a loaner or not. I work from home and most of my daily errands are within walking distance. The train station is only a 10 minute walk away from the dealership, so I can always take public transportation, or take advantage of the Uber vouchers my dealership offers to get home and back to the dealership. Gotta have to organize your life to have more than one transportation option.
Old 09-17-2024, 06:49 PM

Received 152 Likes on 114 Posts
2005 SL 500. 2015 S550. 2016 GLE400 2018 S560
The couple of times I took my EQS 580 in for service I was given a Mercedes loaner. One time an E class and another time a C class. It was also thru Enterprise rental which was right on site. This was Mercedes of north palm beach.
Old 09-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Navy

Received 202 Likes on 165 Posts
SL63
I was offered a loaner, the last time I visited the dealership service center. It was a nearly new C class. I wasn’t complaining.
As for MB taxis, why in the world would someone select a poop box Hyundai, or a Yugo, or a Kia as a taxi?
I would much rather ride in an older Mercedes which has earned a reputation as safe, reliable, durable, spacious, and to some extent luxurious.
I would not be embarrassed about a track record like that.
Old 09-17-2024, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,028 Likes on 745 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Just took our KIA in for warranty service and they provided us with us a Toyota RAV4 from a local rental company.