EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Connected Traffic Light Services gone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2023, 09:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS 580
Connected Traffic Light Services gone

When I got my EQS 580, the connected traffic light feature worked. It’s a fun thing—about 10% of the traffic signals here in Los Angeles are outfitted with it, and when you came to a light you could see on the dash and the heads-up display the time to green.

It’s gone. Maybe with the upgrade to the new software? Not sure. In the phone app, there’s an option to purchase it, but that leads nowhere. There’s no option to buy it in the new MBUX store.

Anyone know anything?
Old 08-06-2023, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 990 Likes on 580 Posts
N/A
I haven't seen anything official yet, but it seems to have been discontinued.
Old 08-07-2023, 11:05 AM

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts
S580
Originally Posted by billprady
—about 10% of the traffic signals here in Los Angeles are outfitted with it, and when you came to a light you could see on the dash and the heads-up display the time to green.
It’s gone. Maybe with the upgrade to the new software?
Just like you I had it work at a few intersections, but I don't recall it working for months. I don't know the reason either, but it was well before the 2 times I brought the car in for safety recall updates, and well before my one year of ownership since I seen that feature work.

Another "feature" that is no longer there is the filter that shows when you list the charging stations in the vicinity or along the route to filter out L1 and/or L2 charging stations from the list.

A trip to the dealer shows a 2023 EQS SUV in the show room also did not have the filter and they said it was because MBUX was not setup with a user. They also stated I would have to subscribe for $15/month to get that premium features back. A call to the EQS customer service said it must be a software issue but they stated no way was that filter a premium charged feature.

Whatever their reasons, it seems like they can remove features whenever they want. I asked for a list of "features" that would no longer work with out paying a subscription, but the rep could not provide one. He said I needed to contact MercedesME, but said they no longer have a phone number. Huh? The number I called to talk to him (the EQS service number) said press 3 for MercedesME, but the rep said he could not help me with MercedesME, and that explains why they are getting those calls.

I absolutely know the included charging was for 2 years only, but the traffic light countdown or the filter I mention were never stated as features I would have to pay extra after a year. Like I said, show me a list, but so far they can't.
Old 08-07-2023, 03:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS 580
I have everything possible "purchased" for the car. As you can see, it shows the "Connected Traffic Light Service" as available for purchase. But it isn't.