EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Seat Quality or Defect?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2023, 02:31 AM

Received 158 Likes on 101 Posts
23' EQS AMG
Seat Quality or Defect?

I have the crossed stitch seating. In the rear, the cushion below the leather seems full and firm so that when you press it down with your finger, the cushion under the leather fills it back up. However, the front seats seems to be different. As a preface, I don't have bony butts, but when I get out of the driver seat, I can still see a slight "wrinkle" on the seat. When I press down on the leather surface were the slight wrinkle is, it feels as if the cushion below the leather is not fluffing back up to fill up the leather. Even hours when I come back, I can feel the "gap" between the leather and the cushion below. The passenger's seat is not as bad as the driver's seat. The rear seating is perfect. Is this a defect in the cushion or just bad quality cushion under the front seats leather?
Old 11-08-2023, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,120 Likes on 732 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by MB37
I have the crossed stitch seating. In the rear, the cushion below the leather seems full and firm so that when you press it down with your finger, the cushion under the leather fills it back up. However, the front seats seems to be different. As a preface, I don't have bony butts, but when I get out of the driver seat, I can still see a slight "wrinkle" on the seat. When I press down on the leather surface were the slight wrinkle is, it feels as if the cushion below the leather is not fluffing back up to fill up the leather. Even hours when I come back, I can feel the "gap" between the leather and the cushion below. The passenger's seat is not as bad as the driver's seat. The rear seating is perfect. Is this a defect in the cushion or just bad quality cushion under the front seats leather?
Unless you bought the pinnacle trim, the seats in the rear are indeed more "spartan" than the front ones. In fact the pinnacle should have been labeled NRA (nicer rear area). There is no discussion to the fact that the S class rear is a plusher environment in the "lower" trims. But, you can always option it up!
Old 11-08-2023, 09:54 AM

Received 158 Likes on 101 Posts
23' EQS AMG
I have the pinnacle trim that includes the $5K rear exec pkg with the MBUX tablet, recline seats, etc. The rear cushion bounces back after you sit in them, But the fronts do not bounce back as much. Hence, you can lightly put your finger on the leather seat and feel a vertical gap between the underside of the leather and the cushion below. It is similar to sitting on an old leather semi firm couch. It's comfortable because it is broken in, but the leather is slightly waved in appearance. As if the cushion below has been compressed over time and it is not puffing back up. This car has less than 700 miles.