Mercedes hyperscreen display and pin reset issues help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 E63s AMG 2023 EQS AMG
Mercedes hyperscreen display and pin reset issues help

Hello Everyone,

I can not find in the menu where to select a new image. I also can not change the name on the profile that appears on the screen. The mercedes sales rep at the dealership has not be able to fix. I.can not also change my pin number. I used the forgot pin number and all it says is error and will not do anything but let me exit the screen. Amyone know who to call or what to do about either of these issues please? Had the car for 1 week and very frustrated. The salesman at the dealership said its a problem with the old Mercedes me profile that I had on my 2019 E63s when I was married and that is why it won't let me change the profile name displayed, and or reset the pin number. Is this really true? Is there really no way around ​​​this? Please help. Thanks

Liz
Old 03-04-2024, 10:31 AM

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
The only way I know to change the image is via the Mercedes Me app.
After entering the app, select the "hamburger menu" in the upper left corner. Then click on the profile image at the top and it will take you to a screen where you can edit the image, change your name and your pin. I'm sorry, I do not know the solution for re-setting a forgotten pin number.

I know these profiles are first and foremost based on your e-mail address or telephone number as the user ID. I wonder if you can create a new profile, if, for example you use a different e-mail address to set up a new profile account?
if you select the profile image in the upper right corner of the hyperscreen, you will be taken to a menu where you can perform a number of configurations for your profile. One is to change the name by which the car addresses you when you start it. I have discovered that this "nick name" can be different than your formal name setup on your MB Profile in the MB App.
If you bought your EQS used, then there could be additional complications because the car may be holding the previous owner's info. And I have read elsewhere on this forum that it is up to the dealer to sort out such "transfer issues".
So, all in all, I've shared with you a hodgepodge of info that may or may not be relevant or useful. I hope at least some of it is!