EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Fuse Box Replacement Recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 10:31 PM

Received 86 Likes on 47 Posts
23 EQS 450 4matic sedan
Fuse Box Replacement Recall

I received my recall letter today and intend to take my EQS in for service next week. However, something about this section of the letter seems to be both nonchalantly alarming and amusingly matter-of-fact—equal parts concerning and comical at the same time!

"Systems connected to the fuse might become inoperable. Among others, the vehicle might lose propulsion without warning, and restraint functions or the instrument cluster might be impaired, increasing the risk of a crash and injuries. In addition, a risk of fire cannot be ruled out."

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Fuse Recall Letter.pdf (269.5 KB, 144 views)
Old 04-11-2024, 11:02 AM

Received 100 Likes on 75 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
I quite accidentally saw the Hong Kong version of this recall today. In particular, I noted the twisting of the language to avoid using the word "fire". Hmm...

"As part of this constant monitoring, we have found that certain 80 A fuses in certain vehicles unfortunately may not correspond to the requirements. As a result, systems connected to the fuse may fail. Among other things, the vehicle may lose its traction unannounced, restraint functions or the instrument cluster may be impaired, which may increase the risk of an accident or injury in the event of an accident. Moreover, a risk of thermal damage cannot be ruled out."
https://www.td.gov.hk/filemanager/en...10001166_e.pdf
The following 2 users liked this post by ScottC2:
J_Boxer (04-11-2024), LAZARU5 (04-11-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 02:24 PM

Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts
23' EQS AMG
If you have a few attorneys in the house, they can explain to you that this is standard procedure. You have to word it in a way that you described. Funny, twisted, real danger, but don't worry. Do what we tell you, and you are covered.
The following users liked this post:
ScottC2 (04-12-2024)