EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Charging Etiquette

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2024, 01:34 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Charging Etiquette

Today trying DC fast charge my EQS I noticed a car blocking the road into the chsrging area so i got out to verify what other chargers might be working. The only charger available if I back in is the one behind where this person did not pull her car into the parking spot to charge. I asked the perdon if they could pull into the designated parking spot so we both could chage but she refuse and an offered me "have a blessed day".
Old 06-03-2024, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
Buttholes with big trucks routinely park in the EV charging spots at my local Target. Granted the parking spots aren't marked EV-only but this song still applies:

It's free two hour charging while you shop so they're actually costing me money.
Old 06-03-2024, 06:20 PM

Received 157 Likes on 126 Posts
SL63
Memphis. It used to be a great town to visit. I lived there long enough to know I don’t want to live there.
The last time I was there with 2 other couples, as a weekend road trip. We decided to take a horse and buggy to Beale. We had to go through a park that was a mine field of homeless, homeless hovels, homeless sewage, panhandlers, and the accompanying rif raf, as if that wasn’t enough. It really took all the nostalgia, quaintness, and any potential romance right out of the experience.
As for charging, it hasn’t had a good start. It doesn’t look like the middle is any better. In the end, hopefully it gets where it needs to be.

Last edited by MB2timer; 06-03-2024 at 08:15 PM. Reason: +2
Old 06-03-2024, 07:58 PM

Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts
23' EQS AMG
We all encounter people like that all the time. Those people are either having a bad day, or they just haven't evolved to being fully human. However you treat animals, treat them the same way. Some bugs you kill, some you wave them away, and some you just simply ignore them.
Old 06-03-2024, 08:51 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
New Chargers

Originally Posted by MB2timer
Memphis. It used to be a great town to visit. I lived there long enough to know I don’t want to live there.
The last time I was there with 2 other couples, as a weekend road trip. We decided to take a horse and buggy to Beale. We had to go through a park that was a mine field of homeless, homeless hovels, homeless sewage, panhandlers, and the accompanying rif raf, as if that wasn’t enough. It really took all the nostalgia, quaintness, and any potential romance right out of the experience.
As for charging, it hasn’t had a good start. It doesn’t look like the middle is any better. In the end, hopefully it gets where it needs to be.

On the bright side these are brand new 350kw EA chargers at a local Target parking lot. Can't wait for the activation.
Old 06-03-2024, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
Some Flying J truck stops now have GM branded chargers. There's one near me that looks like it'll come online soon. Nice thing is all four chargers appear to be 350 kW. Probably still takes an hour to charge a Hummer EV but anywho...
Old 06-06-2024, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by gamoon

Today trying DC fast charge my EQS I noticed a car blocking the road into the chsrging area so i got out to verify what other chargers might be working. The only charger available if I back in is the one behind where this person did not pull her car into the parking spot to charge. I asked the perdon if they could pull into the designated parking spot so we both could chage but she refuse and an offered me "have a blessed day".
how did you respond?
Old 06-06-2024, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by Crito
Buttholes with big trucks routinely park in the EV charging spots at my local Target. Granted the parking spots aren't marked EV-only but this song still applies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0_WyYi0GGo

It's free two hour charging while you shop so they're actually costing me money.
I “key” those trucks
Old 06-06-2024, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 423 Likes on 349 Posts
MB’s
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
I “key” those trucks
A nice way to land yourself in trouble.. good job !