EQS EQS (V297) sedan

MBUX w/Hyperscreen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2024, 05:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
MBUX w/Hyperscreen

Has anyone got their dealership to update their MBUX software? I am currently running version E315 and is missing the following features that I want:
1. The ability to upload my own photo to the passenger screen.
2. No "carwash" mode as seen own other owners videos on youtube.
3. Also have intermintent glitches with steaming music from internet.

I have a 2022 EQS AMG. So far my dealership is stating their are no upgrades for my MBUX.
Old 06-20-2024, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 298 Posts
EQ
You're going to have to give them a reason to do it. It takes a fair amount of time in a service bay to update MBUX, so they often don't do it just because you ask them to. Focus on the streaming audio issues, they may then be able to bill the update under warranty. 315 is old, they know that. In the time it takes to update the software, they could do several overpriced Service A or B jobs...
The following users liked this post:
vladfein (06-21-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 12:00 PM

Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts
23' EQS AMG
Mercedes generally do not want to fix anything unless it is blatantly in their face. You really have to push them. My leather seats looked stretched after 6K miles. Dealership calls MB, and MB said it's not stretched "enough" for them to replace under warranty. I'm not going to give up. Software is more more technical, and as long as everything is working OK, they are not going to touch it. You have to be persistent or find another dealer that will bat for you.
Old 06-22-2024, 02:09 PM

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts
Mercedes S560
Originally Posted by teksurv
You're going to have to give them a reason to do it. It takes a fair amount of time in a service bay to update MBUX, so they often don't do it just because you ask them to. Focus on the streaming audio issues, they may then be able to bill the update under warranty. 315 is old, they know that. In the time it takes to update the software, they could do several overpriced Service A or B jobs...
When I had my EQS450 in for something else, I just insisted to the S Mgr they upgrade it. They did, quickly, without argument.