EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Charging Paused; Orange Solid Light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2024, 06:19 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
2023 EQS 580 Sedan
Charging Paused; Orange Solid Light

Ran into an odd situation and wondering if I did something wrong. No recent updates so it wasn’t a program change. With app set to “Home” charge settings (eco, unlock after charging), I plugged in my MB wallbox and the chargeport flashed orange then went solid orange after a few clicks on the wallbox. Car dash noted charging was “paused” in the middle of battery level icon despite no charge pauses in app program. Tried the computer technique of On/off/reboot to reset; failed. After multiple unplug/plug attempts, I tried switching the charge setting to “standard” on app, and voila it worked as normal. Any insight appreciated on why the home setting would have suddenly stopped working as it had.

Old 06-21-2024, 10:03 AM

Received 255 Likes on 150 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by dmstl
Ran into an odd situation and wondering if I did something wrong. No recent updates so it wasn’t a program change. With app set to “Home” charge settings (eco, unlock after charging), I plugged in my MB wallbox and the chargeport flashed orange then went solid orange after a few clicks on the wallbox. Car dash noted charging was “paused” in the middle of battery level icon despite no charge pauses in app program. Tried the computer technique of On/off/reboot to reset; failed. After multiple unplug/plug attempts, I tried switching the charge setting to “standard” on app, and voila it worked as normal. Any insight appreciated on why the home setting would have suddenly stopped working as it had.

What about the "Work" setting? Does that also charge as expected?
Old 06-21-2024, 07:07 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
2023 EQS 580 Sedan
Weirdly yes so must be a glitch with “home” activated.
Old 06-21-2024, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,094 Likes on 722 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Ive never seen it at home. But I have seen it with DC charging a few times. When DC charging it almost always means that that particular charger will not work...
Old 06-22-2024, 11:25 PM

Received 156 Likes on 101 Posts
23' EQS AMG
This happened to me when my car was plugged in during a thunderstorm, and I was out of town. You can switch it back to home, and it should work again. Glitch for sure. Also, you can turn off the eco charge when you are in the Home location. It is only for DC charging.

Last edited by MB37; 06-22-2024 at 11:26 PM.