EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Newbie! Questions about warranties

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2024 | 11:00 AM

Newbie! Questions about warranties

Hi there -

Just signed a lease for 2024 EQS 450+, 36mo, 15K miles in Houston, TX.

Do we need any of the extended protection packages? Really feel like we got upsold on them. We're not keeping or buying the car so I think that factors in as well.

3rd maintenance (1st and 2nd included for free with lease)
Tire and wheel
Vehicle protection & key - it think this is wear and tear
Windshield protection

Thanks!!!

And if I already bought I saw somewhere we can cancel within 30 days?
Old 10-07-2024 | 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 AMG EQS
1st Maintenance is at 20k and is free, 2nd maintenance is at 40k and is free but if you hit 40k you are 4000 over your lease allowance. 3rd maintenance is only if you intend to keep the car past the lease. I wouldn’t buy that because you may want to return the car. I would cancel that for sure!!!
Winshie;d protection… In my opinion, if anything happens let the insurance handle it and don’t worry about buying protection. Set aside money for the deductible if something drastic happens to the windshield.
Tire and wheel… they can be expensive, if you feel you need it then get it
Veh protection & key… I have no idea what that is
The following users liked this post:
mdcubsfan (10-07-2024)
Old 10-07-2024 | 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tjdehya
1st Maintenance is at 20k and is free, 2nd maintenance is at 40k and is free but if you hit 40k you are 4000 over your lease allowance. 3rd maintenance is only if you intend to keep the car past the lease. I wouldn’t buy that because you may want to return the car. I would cancel that for sure!!!
Winshie;d protection… In my opinion, if anything happens let the insurance handle it and don’t worry about buying protection. Set aside money for the deductible if something drastic happens to the windshield.
Tire and wheel… they can be expensive, if you feel you need it then get it
Veh protection & key… I have no idea what that is
They told me 1st maintenance (free) is at 10K, 2nd maintenance (free) is at 20K, but that I would have to pay for 3rd maintenance at 30K.
I'll likely keep car until about 40K miles or so, so don't see how I can get by without doing a 3rd maintenance, unless they don't really care if you keep up with their recommended checks?

Just found this on their website: "The EQB is to be serviced every 1 year or 12.5k miles, whichever occurs first. The first 2 services are complimentary with the purchase of an EQB. Other EQ models are to be serviced every 2 years or 20,000 miles. The first service is complimentary with the purchase of those EQ vehicles."

Thanks for the tip on windshield - I'll cancel that. I think I was burned by my last Audi needing a windshield and it jacking up insurance rates, but worth taking that chance.

Tire and wheel - yeah, gotta think about that one. Seems pricey, but the finance salesman said one wheel is 4K (really?) and that tires are really expensive too. That one wheel replacement breaks us even on this. And Houston roads are terrible, potholes and road hazard everywhere.

Veh protection & key - all wear and tear covered, and if you lose a key fob ($1200) they replace. Again, chose it from having lost 1 key fob previously, and the salesman said brakes, rotors, etc are super expensive and need to be changed quickly as this is a heavy heavy car. Trying to find info online to see how needs to be changed when and how much it costs, but having trouble nailing those things down.

Last edited by mdcubsfan; 10-07-2024 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-08-2024 | 03:39 PM

EQS 450 4Matic SUV
You should name this dealer so other forum members can avoid them. They seem to specialize in disinformation. The wheels are nowhere close to $4,000 each. That's closer to the price for a set of four EQS wheels. The brake rotors will easily make it to 100K miles. I have 45K miles on my EQS SUV and the rotor wear is barely measurable. I am expecting the brake pads on my EQS to last until 100K miles.

Tires are another matter. 24K miles on factory supplied tires is probably average. Very few people get to 30K miles. The price on the key fob seems inflated by about 400%. But, I don't have personal experience replacing an EQS key fob, so I don't know for certain just how much $1,200 is over the actual cost.
The following 3 users liked this post by LAZARU5:
hlothery (10-08-2024), mdcubsfan (Yesterday), Strafzettel (10-08-2024)