0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

From 2018 S560 4Matic to EQS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday | 11:27 PM

Other
From 2018 S560 4Matic to EQS?

I have a 2018 S560 4matic and looking at moving to an EQS. Wondering of thoughts on this move? For those that have made the switch did you go to the sedan or the SUV and how has the move been? I haven't test driven either yet but plan to in the next week or two. Just for information my 2018 S560 is out of warranty but doesn't have any problems. Very interested in moving one of my vehicles to an electric car and would still have access to an ICE vehicle (2022 E-Class).
Old Today | 06:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by jsconiers
I have a 2018 S560 4matic and looking at moving to an EQS. Wondering of thoughts on this move? For those that have made the switch did you go to the sedan or the SUV and how has the move been? I haven't test driven either yet but plan to in the next week or two. Just for information my 2018 S560 is out of warranty but doesn't have any problems. Very interested in moving one of my vehicles to an electric car and would still have access to an ICE vehicle (2022 E-Class).
not an owner of either however I don't see an issue, you would appreciate the smoother and instant acceleration while no longer have to smell petrol, at least for the EQS (understandably you still have the E but thats good too), if you are getting new then all is good if getting used there were quite some updates over the years so make sure to get them installed. If the range works with your commute then that is good, it can also be reliable on roadtrips.
Old Today | 07:00 AM

2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
I think once you get behind the wheel of an EQS 580 or AMG, you are going to look back at your S class and chuckle at how antiquated it feels. You are going from a flip phone to an iPhone. People on the forum argue one way or the other about which has the better interior and better looks, but the EQS is like a magic carpet ride in terms of effortless speed, quietness, and nimbleness with the huge battery located beneath the floor. My 81 year old dad thought he liked his every option BMW 7 Series--until he drive our EQS 580. We found him a new EQE 500, and he doesn't even know how to explain to his car friends who are scared/hostile to ev's that their Lexus or BMW gas cars are antiquated. He would never go back, nor would I. With that said, I have an old CL550 (S coupe)--it is a dinosaur, but I like to work on cars and it is only a hobby. Report back here an let us know what you think after your test drive.
The following users liked this post:
QuadBenz (Today)
Old Today | 09:11 AM

Other
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
not an owner of either however I don't see an issue, you would appreciate the smoother and instant acceleration while no longer have to smell petrol, at least for the EQS (understandably you still have the E but thats good too), if you are getting new then all is good if getting used there were quite some updates over the years so make sure to get them installed. If the range works with your commute then that is good, it can also be reliable on roadtrips.
What updates were made and what years are the best to have?
Old Today | 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche, Cadillac
2024+

New brake pedal feel, new regen software, heat pump, lots of little changes. The order guides do a pretty thorough job highlighting what each model year brings
Old Today | 10:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
2024+

New brake pedal feel, new regen software, heat pump, lots of little changes. The order guides do a pretty thorough job highlighting what each model year brings
Agree with getting 2024+ the heat pump is a big one. As for updates, I generally meant software updates and patches that fixed first model year glitches and bugs, the significant physical hardware updates were all listed out by forum member QuadBenz.