2003 CL203 C220 CDI Coupe Oil dipstick & oil filtre location

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 MB CL203 C220 CDI Coupe
2003 CL203 C220 CDI Coupe Oil dipstick & oil filtre location

Hi

i will be servicing my MB CL203 C220 CDI Coupe for the first time, so i would really appreciate if someone can help me with the following

- location of the dipstick opening (i know that there is no dispstick in this car ), i am going to use the extraction pump to drain the engine oil
- location of the oil filter

i understand that both of the Auto Gear Oil and engine oil opening are next to each other and i am afraid to mix up both of them

i have looked for youtube videos but most of the videos are for petrol engines and none is for the diesel c220 cdi

are there any pictures or diagrams i can use to identify the location of the above?

i would appreciate your help

Thanks
Haitham
Old 03-11-2013, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GLK 220CDI (Diesel)
I may be a bit late with my answer to your questions, but just in case, here goes.

Yes, you definitely should have an engine oil dipstick on your 220 CDI. It's only the AMG's and some of the larger non-Diesels that don't have one.

Your engine oil dipstick is yellow. You can't get it confused with the transmission dipstick (if yours still has one) because that one will be red.

The oil filter is enclosed in a sort of cylinder toward the front of the engine bay. It's easy to unscrew with a proper collar. Don't screw it on too tight once you've changed the filter!