Exhaust Gas Recirculating Valve ( EGR Valve )

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Class C
Exhaust Gas Recirculating Valve ( EGR Valve )

Hi
Has anyone experienced a failure with the EGR Valve on a Class C Bluetec ( 2015)?

A few months ago my Service Centre changed the EGR Valve due to an Engine Diagnostic indication on the dashboard.
I asked him to give me the old one which appeared like new externally. I wanted to investigate what could be the problem.
So I dismantled it and cleaned the flap valve. I check the motor and it is fine and works well. If at all there could be a problem
on the proximity sensor located in the black cover.

Does anyone know how this can be possibly tested? This is the item "B" indicated in the photo.

I have already checked the DC Motor located behind the black gear and it works perfectly fine.

The entire EGR Valve appears in very good condition. So the Service Centre is not correct to change the whole valve with a new one
and charge me 900 Euros for it.

If at all there could be a problem with Sensor B. But for that the entire valve need not be replaced.

If I could find a way to check sensor B, then I could be sure if there is indeed a problem there. Otherwise I believe that there is no problem at all except
the flap valve perhaps was a bit dirty and needed only some cleaning.

Proximity Sensor B

I have already checked the DC Motor behind the black gear and it works fine