European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Can power of attorney be given to relative to pick up CAR from Factory?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 07:09 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
200E320,2006CLS500,20102015 S550 4 matic,Panamera,1991 porsche 964
Can power of attorney be given to relative to pick up CAR from Factory?

I have picked up a car from factory2015, and i noticed that somewhere i read in all the paper-work that a signed power of attorney,or something to that effect could be given for the car to be picked up at factory by designated person..
Can anyone attest to that?
Old 05-01-2017, 12:27 AM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes E400 wagon (formerly 1995 Honda Accord EX sedan)
Originally Posted by jayagopal50
I have picked up a car from factory2015, and i noticed that somewhere i read in all the paper-work that a signed power of attorney,or something to that effect could be given for the car to be picked up at factory by designated person..
The papers sent by Mercedes-Benz USA certainly allow this possibility, but they require various legal attestations and documents, submitted in advance, in that case.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:18 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Originally Posted by jayagopal50
I am not an attorney, but I think this is what the EDP Dealer Guide refers to as Third Person Power of attorney. See page 28 of the Dealer Guide here:

http://mercedes-benz-dealer.custhelp...kbook+2014.pdf

Restrictions are also documented at the link, such as the third person must be a close relative such as a spouse or grown child with U.S. residency.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLC 300 4Matic
I believe so. My dealership has a sales rep who specializes in ED and goes once a year to pick up cars for multiple customers who don't want to make the trip. She's not even related and they give her POA to do this.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:37 AM

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
'17 S63A4, '13 CLS4M, '99 CLK320A
Originally Posted by Forty9
The papers sent by Mercedes-Benz USA certainly allow this possibility, but they require various legal attestations and documents, submitted in advance, in that case.
Just so you know, your wheel locks will NOT be delivered with your ED car.
They will be installed when your car reaches the US dealership. If they're important to you during the time the car is in Europe, take a set with you and have them installed at the delivery point.
Hope this helps.
Bill
Old 02-11-2020, 03:05 PM

Third Person Pick-up is for immediate family only

The following text comes directly from the EDP dealer ordering guide (2016). Unless the guidelines have changed, the Power of Attorney pick up can ONLY be given to MB's definition of immediate family:

Power of Attorney for Third Person pick-up
 This form is only required if the Customer cannot go to Europe to take delivery of the car and wishes one of the following members of his/her immediate
family, who are the only persons authorized, to take possession on his/her behalf: Husband, wife, son, daughter, mother, father, brother or sister, having
permanent residence in the United States.

 Scan the power of attorney and please email it to MBUSA European Delivery Department as soon as possible and at least twenty days prior to the delivery
date.
 Note: The order number must be on the document.
 IMPORTANT: One copy of this notarized Power of Attorney must be presented by the authorized party, together with his/her
 passport and the confirmation of order, at the time he/she takes delivery of the car, and should be in his/her possession at all times when using the car to
establish his/her legal qualification which may be requested by police. Please note that this document must be notarized to be valid.
 Note: We have been advised that we need the attached form as well as a complete scan of the passport for the third person power of attorney orders in
addition to the third person power of attorney form.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:07 PM

P.S.

There is no good reason to consult a lawyer.