European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

GLC 43AMG - ED in November

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK550, MLE550
GLC 43AMG - ED in November

I am waiting for the 2018 GLC43 AMG spec to come out in August to order ED pick up in Mid November. We plan on driving down Italy and then to Nice, France to drop off the car. Does anyone know if crossing the Swiss Alps will be a problem? Is it snowing then? The below is our itinerary.

Nov 18th: Arrive FRA, Train to Stuttgart.
Nov 19th: Tour MBZ Museum, city
Nov 20th: Pickup Car at 1030am to Lake Como
Nov 21st: Lake Como
Nov 22nd-26th: Drive to Florence. Stay 5 days
Nov 26th-Nov 28th: Drive to Portofino, stay in Genoa. Tour the Italian Riveria.
Nov28th-Nov30th: Drive to Nice, dropoff car,continue with our European Tour.

Thanks, Jacquie

Last edited by Boredy; 05-14-2017 at 01:56 AM.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C63s AMG (looking to buy and do Euro Delivery)
Hi Jacquie, I haven't done an ED with Mercedes yet, but I believe any time after mid October you'll need Winter tires. I'm not sure if Mercedes rents out Winter tires or not. I've done a couple BMW EDs and they have Winter tire rental, although I never needed it since I've done mine between May and end of September. I'm doing my first ED with Mercedes last week of September. In November The Alpine passes could be closed on and off due to bad weather, just a chance you'll have to take. Good itinerary and and nice drive you have planned out.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:33 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
From the Mercedes-Benz EDP Dealer's Guide (Pages 43 and 44):

Tires: Request for brand specific tires: MBUSA cannot request specific brand tires from the factory. We do not offer a Winter tire exchange program.
Winter Travel
• We do not have a winter tire exchange program do to legal and logistical issues.
• We do not recommend driving in wintery conditions.
• In Europe, vehicles must have winter tires in wintery weather.
• Vehicles with “R02 code” All Season Tires (M+S marked on the side of the tire meet the requirements) in Germany and Austria.
• Due to Customs regulations, the vehicle must return to the States with the original tires from the factory.
While traveling in Europe during the months of November through April, it is the responsibility of the car owner/driver
to adhere to local traffic regulations, which require that a vehicle must have winter tires in winter driving conditions, and take appropriate measures for travel in prevailing weather conditions. As stated in the Operator's Manual for your vehicle, always use winter tires at temperatures below 45 degrees F (7degrees C) and whenever wintry road conditions prevail. See your Operator's Manual for specific details concerning operation of your vehicle, including information concerning tires and snow chains for winter driving conditions.
While traveling in Austria and Switzerland during winter months of November through April, you must have winter tires. If you disregard this, you can be assessed with a fine of up to € 5.000.
Here are a few links with more information on the winter tires laws:
http://www.adac.de/infotestrat/reife...cePageId=31821 http://www.warum-winterreifen.de/win...icht/index.php

See Guide here:
http://mercedes-benz-dealer.custhelp...kbook+2014.pdf

Last edited by ted_jane; 05-17-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:13 PM

CLK550, MLE550
I read GLC comes with all season tires. Besides Italy doesn't snow in November, and neither in Nice, France. I will confirmed and check with my dealership again. If push comes to shove, I will purchase a set of winter tires.
Also I just found out the Swiss Alps doesn't snow in November, hence the roads will be open, except sometimes they have road works.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:02 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
You can also send an email to the U.S. EDP department with any questions. The email address is:

Anne Doris Korallus
annedoris.korallus@mbusa.com

or call, the number is in the Guide.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:52 AM

CLK550, MLE550
I contacted MBZ and they said GLC comes with all season tires, so we are good to go in Winter. I just checked on the specs given by the dealership, the aluminum trim is now revised to Natural Grain Black Ash Wood & Aluminum Trim. This is a bummer for me, I only like all Aluminum trim. I guess I am paying for the AMG carbon fiber option.

Here are the specs of my car.
W253 - 2018 GLC43 AMG
996 Cardinal Red Metallic
684 21” AMG Twin 5-spoke R01
641 Black MB-Tex w/ DINAMICA and Red Stitching
H73 AMG Carbon Fiber OR 737
51U Black Fabric Headliner
319 Advanced Lighting Package
320 Multimedia Package
521 AMG Night Package
413 Panorama Roof
463 Head-Up Display with AMG-specific Content
810 Burmester® Surround Sound System
846 Brushed Aluminum Running Boards

Does anybody have a recommended hotel in Lake Como, Genoa and Nice/Montecarlo? How far is Stuttgart from the MBZ factory? I mapped it on google, Sindelfingen is about 23km from Stuttgart. Is this accurate?

Thanks

Last edited by Boredy; 05-19-2017 at 04:05 AM.