European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

104VGC Customer Ownership Training Charge & Scheduling Pickup Time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 03:02 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
104VGC Customer Ownership Training Charge & Scheduling Pickup Time

Hi, I just received my Confirmation of Order for a 2017 SL, and noticed that there is a $40 Customer Ownership Training Charge, which wasn't on the invoice when I ordered the car. Although it's not much, is this new?

BTW, I understand that you can't specify the time you would like to pick it up (or can you?), but I would appreciate any suggestions on how to get it first thing in the morning. I'm not that interested in touring the factory, and I am eager to get on the road.

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2017, 02:44 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
The $40 charge was on my invoice when I paid for the car, I didn't question it because it was not a big deal.

When you arrive at MB in Stuttgart you are assigned a Rep. to complete the paper work. The Rep will ask what time you want to get the car. I think most people pick their car up in the afternoon, after the tour and lunch. But you may be able to request delivery sooner.

When receiving the car, the MB Rep. will spend time explaining and programming the car to you, such as linking up your phone. That may be the purpose of the $40 charge.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:30 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
After you check in, how long do you have to wait? Depending on my jet lag, I'm planning on getting there early, but it would be a real bummer to have to wait all day for the car (although it would be fun to watch the others get their cars).

Also, do they have a place to store your suitcases while you wait, or do you recommend leaving the luggage at the hotel, and then driving back to pick it up?
Old 05-28-2017, 03:12 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Originally Posted by seascape
After you check in, how long do you have to wait? Depending on my jet lag, I'm planning on getting there early, but it would be a real bummer to have to wait all day for the car (although it would be fun to watch the others get their cars).

Also, do they have a place to store your suitcases while you wait, or do you recommend leaving the luggage at the hotel, and then driving back to pick it up?
There are carts by the entrance where you arrive. They will take your luggage as soon as you arrive and have it loaded in the car before you even see the car.

The normal procedure is to take the factory tour (at 10:00 or 10:30am for the english tour, I don't remember the exact time). Immediately after the tour you can use your voucher to have an excellent lunch then you are taken to your car. By this time it is around 1:30pm. I know some skip the tour and lunch (you can also have breakfast if you prefer) and just pick up their car, but there may be a delay while they get the car ready.