European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

ED Price negotiated with local dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 06:55 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
ED Price negotiated with local dealer

This forum contributed to my ED knowledge a great deal. So it is time for me to give back. I was able to negotiate 3.7% additional discount in addition to the 7% ED standard discount on my S class order.

Total savings of 10.7% is not bad at all and more then enough to cover my Euro Trip

Walk away from any dealer that tells you standard ED discount is all you can get.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:07 AM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes E400 wagon (formerly 1995 Honda Accord EX sedan)
I want to echo the gratefulness to members of this forum for contributing to my knowledge of European delivery voiced yesterday by quantira2, who negotiated an additional 3.7% discount on his S class order in addition to the 7% standard discount for European delivery. In my case, I was offered 3.1% additional discount on an E class station wagon order--not quite so much, but close. So I agree with him that a dealer who denies the possibility of a discount beyond the standard 7% for European delivery is telling a self-serving tale, or perhaps, in the gentler formula used in British parliamentary debate, a stranger to the truth.