European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Confirmation of Order for European Delivery & Invoice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 05:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2022 EQS 580
Confirmation of Order for European Delivery & Invoice

I am picking up my vehicle next week in Stuttgart. The confirmation of order for European delivery and invoice lists 'pricing not yet available.' The breakdown on all the items list N/C and total amount is ????????
I paid for the vehicle on August 7 and have a bill of sale from the dealership. Has anyone else ever experienced this issue and will I have a problem in Stuttgart when I pickup my vehicle?
Old 09-04-2017, 04:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C-Class Coupe
Initial thought is all you need is the Confirmation of Order for European Delivery and Invoice, which includes your CO number. It's the CO number that matters.

However, if it will give you additional piece of mind, ask your Sales Associate for a new print-out with the price. Even then, the price on the form could be different than the price negotiated with the dealer.

Enjoy the trip and the experience!
The following 2 users liked this post by moto1550:
fly121 (09-04-2017), Gary From LA (09-06-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VW Touareg
Yes, you can go to the dealership and have them print off an updated Confirmation of Order. I just did that today as my original was like yours.

What the new Order shows is that I didn't get my $100 credit for the taxi voucher.

I have my delivery on Sept 19 and I still don't know if I have a hotel reservation in Stuttgart and I haven't received a packet from MBUSA. Those people at MBUSA must be worthless.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:02 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Slope72, call MBUSA on Monday, and you'll (hopefully) find that they are quite helpful. They should be able to confirm your hotel, and will FedEx you the confirmation and 2 taxi vouchers.

I have to admit, though, that I was quite surprised by how inefficient the whole process was for me, especially from a German company known for efficiency.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:02 AM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes E400 wagon (formerly 1995 Honda Accord EX sedan)
Originally Posted by seascape
Slope72, call MBUSA on Monday, and you'll (hopefully) find that they are quite helpful. They should be able to confirm your hotel, and will FedEx you the confirmation and 2 taxi vouchers.

I have to admit, though, that I was quite surprised by how inefficient the whole process was for me, especially from a German company known for efficiency.
FYI, when you deal with Herbert Haemmer of MB of Escondido for European delivery, as we did, all of the paperwork is handled seamlessly and efficiently by him, and he bird-dogs it all with people he knows at MBUSA, so you don't have to sit and wait and wonder.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:20 AM

Ordered 2018 GLC300
Originally Posted by Slope72
Yes, you can go to the dealership and have them print off an updated Confirmation of Order. I just did that today as my original was like yours.

What the new Order shows is that I didn't get my $100 credit for the taxi voucher.

I have my delivery on Sept 19 and I still don't know if I have a hotel reservation in Stuttgart and I haven't received a packet from MBUSA. Those people at MBUSA must be worthless.
Curious if you received actual taxi vouchers or just a $100 credit (with the assumption you pay out of pocket for the taxis in Stuttgart)? I'm taking delivery shortly after you at the end of Sept.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:20 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Originally Posted by its.ca
Curious if you received actual taxi vouchers or just a $100 credit (with the assumption you pay out of pocket for the taxis in Stuttgart)? I'm taking delivery shortly after you at the end of Sept.
When I picked up my ED car in May I used the two vouchers sent in the EDP package from MBUSA. Each voucher is worth 50 Euros, since the normal cost from downtown Stuttgart to the airport is approximately 35 Euros I was told the taxi companies are more than happy to pickup EDP passengers.

When I told the nice lady at the delivery center in Stuttgart, who processed my paper work, that I would be dropping my car off in Stuttgart, she opened a draw that was full of vouchers and gave me two more for use after dropping the car off and for the taxi to the airport for the return trip to the US.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:00 AM

Ordered 2018 GLC300
Originally Posted by ted_jane
When I picked up my ED car in May I used the two vouchers sent in the EDP package from MBUSA. Each voucher is worth 50 Euros, since the normal cost from downtown Stuttgart to the airport is approximately 35 Euros I was told the taxi companies are more than happy to pickup EDP passengers.

When I told the nice lady at the delivery center in Stuttgart, who processed my paper work, that I would be dropping my car off in Stuttgart, she opened a draw that was full of vouchers and gave me two more for use after dropping the car off and for the taxi to the airport for the return trip to the US.
Thanks @ted_jane! Just received this from my SA. Appears this process may have changed for MY2018(?). I do see a line item labeled "Taxi Voucher" for $100 on my Confirmation Order.

I'm also dropping my car off in Stuttgart so will see whether there may still be vouchers for the return trip. Will see how it goes when I arrive!

Old 09-15-2017, 11:10 AM

I picked up my EDP car in June, and although it also said "Taxi Credit $100", MBUSA sent me two vouchers, in the same package as the hotel confirmation and faux leather document portfolio. Note that you can't use the vouchers to go to the museum.

Your dealer should also give you a breakfast / lunch voucher, which we didn't need, as no one asked for it when we were there.

Two bits of advice. 1) If you want to skip the tour, or are in a rush, call Sindelfingen beforehand and let them know when you want to pick up the car. Although the documents say don't call them, it can't hurt. We wasted a couple of hours there, because they thought we would do the morning tour, which we weren't interested in. As a result, we got stuck in afternoon traffic on our journey to Switzerland. 2) Ask them to put on the Germany "D" country of origin oval sticker on your car, and ask for an extra one to bring home, as a souvenir.

And have fun!
Old 09-15-2017, 05:34 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Originally Posted by seascape

Your dealer should also give you a breakfast / lunch voucher, which we didn't need, as no one asked for it when we were there.
The Waiter did ask for my voucher. Apparently there is a Euro limit on the amount of food you can eat in the restaurant. It is 65 Euros if I remember correctly, but way more than we used. I had a cup of coffee and a snack in the morning and then lunch. Each time the Waiter marked the cost on the voucher.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:53 PM

ted_jane is right -- the voucher is for 65 Euros. I'm not sure why, but instead of seating us at the restaurant, they sat us upstairs with a fixed 3 (or 4?) course menu (with a tasty steak for the main course). And no one asked for a voucher, perhaps because there was only one other EDP customer at the time.