European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

ED Order problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
ED Order problem

So, I received an order number 10 days ago for ED in March. The dealership called me today to tell me I cannot get the P3 package on the E400 I want in the January build cycle for a March pick up, it would have to be in May. I cannot change my plans for my trip to Europe Has anyone else had this happen and any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:25 PM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes E400 wagon (formerly 1995 Honda Accord EX sedan)
Originally Posted by prowlernfo
So, I received an order number 10 days ago for ED in March. The dealership called me today to tell me I cannot get the P3 package on the E400 I want in the January build cycle for a March pick up, it would have to be in May. I cannot change my plans for my trip to Europe Has anyone else had this happen and any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Call Herbert Haemmer at Mercedes-Benz of Escondido. He does more ED than anyone else in the USA, and he may be able to help you.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:11 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Same thing happened to me. There was a back order on the 19 inch wheels for my ED ordered, I could either change wheels or change the pickup date. My schedule was flexible, so I changed the delivery date. Other EDers and custom orders have reported similar back order issues. It seems strange that MB regularly has shortages of inventory for builds scheduled months in advance, but it appears to happen on a regular basis.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E400
Originally Posted by prowlernfo
I've seen a few people on these boards talk about delays b/c of the P3 package. I placed an order for an e400 with P3 in mid October, got a build date of Nov 28, and they tell me it is waiting for ship to the US. Maybe it could be a function of checking with different dealers who might know the internal allocation system better.