European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Mid-May details re: my EDP on an AMG C63s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 04:35 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
C63s coupe
Mid-May details re: my EDP on an AMG C63s

Am flying Delta LAX-AMS-LAX. See my other thread on most details. On booking through HRG (to get the $200 discount) I got hit with a $55 booking charge. Bummer. But it appears that the cost of the flight dropped from $946 to $703 when they applied the discount, so I am only out $12 from what I expected to pay. Attachment 1 is on voucher details.

Will drop my car off in Bremerhaven (where MBZs ship from) rather than Amsterdam, and take public transport to Amsterdam. I ran this by Herbert Haemmer and he advised that this would knock 10-12 days off receiving the car in the U.S.

Attachments 2-3 are on the insurance details. I am not staying past the 15 day included coverage period so I do not know what additional insurance would cost. In reply to question if the insurance covers taking a car on the Nürburgring; Apparently not -- specifically, "A.1.5.2 Insurance cover shall not be granted for losses caused as a result of participation in officially approved motor sport events, the aim of which is to achieve maximum speeds. This shall also apply to training and practice runs connected with such events. Any participation in motoring events not approved by the authorities represents a breach of obligation according to D.2.2." Note, as a lawyer I question if this might arguably even apply to breaking a set speed limit on the Autobahn. [N/A to me. I am taking an AMG GTR ring taxi around the ring the day before my car pick-up to get my speed fix.]

Other attachments are straightforward.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
08_8_17_DeltaVoucher.pdf (1.88 MB, 98 views)
AKB-Daimler-eng-final.pdf (82.8 KB, 156 views)
Tourist_Package_Flyer.pdf (54.2 KB, 96 views)
EUROPEAN_DELIVERY_CUSTOMER.pdf (3.10 MB, 234 views)
mbmus-info-april-2017-en.pdf (851.5 KB, 118 views)
Sample Itinerary.pdf (1.63 MB, 131 views)
Stuttgart Restaurants.pdf (689.3 KB, 92 views)
Old 02-03-2018, 08:05 PM

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2018 E400S
Updated ED Calendar

Updated ED calendar attached. I was originally scheduled (by MB) to pickup an E400 wagon on May 15, but about a month after I got the order confirmation, I got an email apologizing that they had a special event and I would need to change the date, so now I'm taking delivery on the 16th.
Attached Files