European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Financing terms in general for ED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 07:39 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
GLC
Financing terms in general for ED

Due to the timing of ED, ordering and waiting for delivery. What is the general rule for financing and leasing in general?

I am picking up in late April, but no financing terms are in place. Any help is appreciated. I have excellent credit. I would like to use credit card on down payment (as much as possible for obvious reasons). Also what is the best way to get lowest interest rate? I have financed with BMW many times and they are super easy, even getting lower than advertised. Is Mercedes Finance similar?

Last edited by openwheelracing; 02-24-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
I purchased and I financed through my Credit union and put the max down I could on a CC as well. The financial institution you use will need the VIN before they will approve the loan and in my case this occurred about 3 weeks prior to the one month deadline they give you to have the car paid for before pick up. My rate was 1.74% (initially 1.99% but they give .25% for automatic payments) so almost like free money.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:05 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
GLC
Thank you for the clarification. It makes sense. Would you mind sharing who your CU is?
Old 02-26-2018, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
Sure,

National Institutes of Health
Federal Credit Union (NIHFCU). I'm actually leaving in 2 days from my trip, picking up my car on 6 March. I'm very much looking forward to the trip and getting the car in its 'homeland".