European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Final pre-departure bits.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 05:49 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
C63s coupe
Thumbs up Final pre-departure bits.

My pick-up date is MAY 17th and I depart for Europe on May 13th. MBUSA sent me a detailed e-mail yesterday (May 8th) with final items in PDF format. Much repetitive (e.g., insurance documents, Stuttgart walking tour info, etc.); no surprises. Today (May 9th) I got an overnight package from my salesperson, Herbert Haemmer of MBZ Escondido. He sent me paper, pages of highlighted suggestions (e.g., driving times to both factories I am going to and to bring back the car's first aid kit myself because they tend to disappear in transit); business cards for recommended places to eat in Stuttgart; extras copies of invoice paperwork (one needed for car pick up and another to get free entry into the Mercedes museum; copies of correspondence with the hotel (confirming I am booked for a second night) and for the optional AMG factory tour I am getting; a summary of European traffic signs; and a folding paper roadmap for Germany!

100% of this was extra and there are probably less than 5 other MBZ salespeople in the U.S. that do even half of this.