European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

can I pick up my EDP from the MBZ-VPC and do I have a way to contact them directly?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S560
can I pick up my EDP from the MBZ-VPC and do I have a way to contact them directly?

So my EDP arrived and cleared the custom in Long Beach last week, the Car is now at the VPC in long beach but I have no way to track it down or contact them, My dealer is not very helpful at this point(to say the list, but on that in a different post) .
My goal is to expedite delivery and/ or picking it directly from them since I hold the title & all paper works was completed and no reason to waist time delivering it to the dealer (I'm payng for it so would like to have it asap!
Old 08-11-2018, 03:28 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
C63s coupe
I went thru something similar, a certain dealership changed ownership, a certain salesperson left, and it became very frustrating to work with the people at the dealership under new ownership.

I was getting no reliable information and becoming very frustrated, all complicated by MBUSA's internal network being down for a week so nobody could easily get me an update (I at first thought that the "network is down" was yet another white lie but it turned out to be the truth). Apparently the basic reality is that the Long Beach VPC takes at least 10 days for every car, even if the actual work they perform takes only 20 minutes (note, they do not even detail the car or wash off the European dead bugs and dirt you probably left on it, the dealership still has to do that). In my case, my car needed a new windshield (covered by the AXA insurance) and the Long Beach VPC apparently took its normal 10 days, realized it needed the part, ordered the part from Germany, and another four days passed for the part to arrive by airfreight. To everybody's credit, Long Beach VPC got the part on Friday and the dealer called me on Monday afternoon to say my car was in.