European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Another recommendation for Herbert Haemmer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E53 AMG Cabriolet
Thumbs up Another recommendation for Herbert Haemmer

Hello everyone,

Like others, I also learned about Herbert Haemmer from this forum, and I reached out to him after my local dealer showed no interest in speaking to me about European Delivery for an E53 Cabriolet. But Herbert was anxious to spend time with me talking about the details of the program and how he could help create a custom itinerary to give us a great travel experience. So, it was an easy decision for my wife and I to purchase through him, and we had a absolutely wonderful time with the delivery at the Center of Excellence and then traveling through Boppard, Trier, Hohenschwangau and Munich.

As a teen in the late-80's, I remember watching MortorWeek do a feature on Mercedes European Delivery, and, at that time, the idea was so far out of reach that it wasn't even on the radar as a possibility. So, I want to give an enthusiastic thumbs-up to Herbert for making the whole process so easy and be a wonderful experience for us. We are already talking about doing it again when it's time for my wife to get a new car in a year or two!

cheers
-Matt
Old 10-12-2019, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by lordorange
Hello everyone,

Like others, I also learned about Herbert Haemmer from this forum, and I reached out to him after my local dealer showed no interest in speaking to me about European Delivery for an E53 Cabriolet. But Herbert was anxious to spend time with me talking about the details of the program and how he could help create a custom itinerary to give us a great travel experience. So, it was an easy decision for my wife and I to purchase through him, and we had a absolutely wonderful time with the delivery at the Center of Excellence and then traveling through Boppard, Trier, Hohenschwangau and Munich.

As a teen in the late-80's, I remember watching MortorWeek do a feature on Mercedes European Delivery, and, at that time, the idea was so far out of reach that it wasn't even on the radar as a possibility. So, I want to give an enthusiastic thumbs-up to Herbert for making the whole process so easy and be a wonderful experience for us. We are already talking about doing it again when it's time for my wife to get a new car in a year or two!

cheers
-Matt
Not sure why some people keep mentioning Mr. Haemmer’s name. My experience with dealing with him was the complete opposite. And I have experience with European Delivery. I e-mailed him in June of 2018 to in prep to do Euro Delivery on my ‘19 S63. He has a big ego and told me he would not give a discount beyond the 5% Euro Delivery discount—basically implying that anyone that can afford a S63 does not need an additional discount. He simply acted like a jerk.

By the way, Euro Delivery is awesome. And Center of Excellence is double awesome. I would highly recommend Euro Delivery but do a wide search of dealerships to ensure you find someone in the dealership that knows a lot about Euro Delivery. Mr. Haemmer may be a viable option if you are not buying a S63 since he seems to think (like a lot of CA dealers) that people will pay over MSRP for an S63.

Last edited by MTrauman; 10-12-2019 at 11:19 AM.