Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

So-Cal Meet/PCH Cruise/ June 11th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, its very sad what happened today at CA Speedway. This run, with the particular attendees, could very easily be a memorial run. I have something to do later that day, but will try and be there at the start, so I can see you all off. If anything I can take some pics and post them while you guys are driving, like for those that want to feel like they are there with you but couldn't make it - at least they will have an idea what the group who is traveling down PCH looks like
Old 06-03-2005, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Yes i say we honor Ben with this run.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:01 AM

Hey is this a benz only cruise? Cuz it sounds like there are some neons, porsches, and a vette? mixing in. My uncle is busy so I can't get his S55.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Originally Posted by brabus6pt0
Hey is this a benz only cruise?
if it was, I would really be kicking myself, for not being able to attend.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Hey is this a benz only cruise? Cuz it sounds like there are some neons, porsches, and a vette? mixing in. My uncle is busy so I can't get his S55.
Nope. It started with a Benz only meet-- until I posted it at BMW forums, Ferrari, Porsche etc. Now we have alot of different hot-shots showing up, join the group.

You can come with whatever you like-- lets not try and sink anything below, say, a... Neon? Like... Honda or Toyota. Neons are ok only because I know a couple people with them and some of them are pretty fast, only catch is... its still... a neon Good car, I guess.

Anyhow, join the "mega cruise" (Saprissa, thanks for that ), whats one more to the 90 plus some list?

Red, as for that map-- relax and breathe, Im the map-- if you get lost, follow the pack, eh? I cant find a map for you, sorry... check mapquest.com and type in the address' and see what you get. Good luck.

Fred, thanks for covering for me, you are 100% correct, I've been real busy lately, and it couldn't have come at worse time, I swear if I have to miss this meet... :p
Old 06-04-2005, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
no doubt, this is gonna be one MEGA cruise & meet !
don't miss it, in account of not getting a map... heck, I can't go, but I'll draw you a stinkin' map !!!
Old 06-04-2005, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Quick UPDATE

No, not a list, or more directions, or telling you to be prompt, none of that stuff...

Now...

As we all know, Ben, and a friend of his were taking his Porsche Carrera GT for a ride and lost control at over 100 MPH, nor he or his passenger are among us any longer. And I believe its an honor to dedicate this meet, to him. A cruise in his name is a good idea-- I love it. Infact, Im going to E-Mail a mod and ask him to change the name of this thread to:

"Benjamin memorial run June 11th"

Or something of the like. I did not know Ben personally, and to be completly honest I hadn't heard of him until yesterday, but it struck me hard-- harder than I would have thought possible. From what I gathered, he was well liked by everyone around him, and was a great guy-- he will be missed. My condolences go out to his family, and his friend's family.

At the meet, before we leave, once everyone has arrived, we should all gather round for a few words-- from someone who knew him, I would not know what to say. Fred maybe, or Lisa, I dont know. Someone thats going to be attending should know him, and I believe its best they say something. If NO ONE who attends knows him, I'd be more than happy to say something.

Benjamin-- Rest in peace.

Best Regards,
John
Old 06-04-2005, 02:10 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
There is a first time for everything! Pictures of your car? I see you're new...I remember reading somewhere that you haven't been to a meet yet...this isn't one to miss!
Old 06-04-2005, 02:12 AM

C63 / ////AMG
Still confused as to where exactly at Fashion Island we are meeting. Is that Lot 1 or Lot 2??
Old 06-04-2005, 02:12 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
If all goes well, I will be running a memorial decal on my car in honor for ben.

That guy was awesome and he will be missed.

I always enjoyed reading his replies on rennteam, I've learned and picked up so much information from him. Nice guy he was.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Saprissa
no doubt, this is gonna be one MEGA cruise & meet !
don't miss it, in account of not getting a map... heck, I can't go, but I'll draw you a stinkin' map !!!
Let me be honest, if its imperative that something that day requires my presence, with much regret I will do buisness. Not something I'm looking forward too, and usually Saturdays buisness is never around, but if, for some miracle, god in all his wisdom decides to throw it my way, I'm going to have to take it.

Doubtful, don't even worry, if I do miss it-- Well, for one, Fred will take over, and two, I will be

:p

MEGA MEET! I love it! I dont know why, but Im LAMO right now! And, you've even taken it upon youreself to draw a map-- Im in debt. Too bad you're not going to be attending the meet.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:14 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
I know Carlos, wish you could make it.

I have cds for you.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by beemaze
Still confused as to where exactly at Fashion Island we are meeting. Is that Lot 1 or Lot 2??
Redmongoose!? He picked the it, if he doesn't get back to you, check both places and look for the Benzs and Ferraris and Porsches.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:16 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
All I know is that I'm going early since I'll be most likely attending CC before the meet and I'll get a nice and perfect spot on top.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ChrisDPham
All I know is that I'm going early since I'll be most likely attending CC before the meet and I'll get a nice and perfect spot on top.
Awesome. Thanks alot Chris. Hope this meet is going to own all other before.

NOTE: Don't expect to be zooming through the PCH, apparntly, and quiet obivoulsy, there will me traffic on the PCH, so no racing. But its a cruise, so were all good. I dont mind staying bumper to bumper in 80 degree weather, drop top, next to the ocean with a bunch of Benzs and Porsches... Vipers, Vettes, Ferraris whatever else is coming. :p
Old 06-04-2005, 02:26 AM

C63 / ////AMG
OK. I looked at the pictures Redmongoose posted on Page 8 and it looks like we're meeting at Fashion Island Parking Structure 2 near a restaurant called Thaifoon. Somebody please confirm the location as there are two parking structures. It can get really confusing if half the people show up at one structure and the other half at the other structure...both halves wondering where the hell everybody else is. Trust me....details are everything
Old 06-04-2005, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by beemaze
OK. I looked at the pictures Redmongoose posted on Page 8 and it looks like we're meeting at Fashion Island Parking Structure 2 near a restaurant called Thaifoon. Somebody please confirm the location as there are two parking structures. It can get really confusing if half the people show up at one structure and the other half at the other structure...both halves wondering where the hell everybody else is. Trust me....details are everything
Hence, I've been pretty thorough about MOST things so far.

Anyhow, if we cant nail down which one it is, we meet at the one next to the restaurant you mentioned, and than when leaving, one of us goes ahead and checks out the second parking structure to see if anyone is there.

Pretty comical though, if you think about it.

"Hey! Where is everybody!?"

Parking Structure two:

"Damn, where in the hell is everyone?"

:p
Old 06-04-2005, 02:34 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
lol...seriously, I think I'll be stealing some spots for some of my own W124 buddies. It'll look better obviously and we'll have the best spots. hahah
Old 06-04-2005, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol...seriously, I think I'll be stealing some spots for some of my own W124 buddies. It'll look better obviously and we'll have the best spots. hahah
Im going to show up at like... 12, save me a spot a the very end so I can have like a row of vehicles I have to go through and people can look and point: "There goes Lexani!" and than proceed to to me.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:45 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
haha well do if I don't forget.

I'll steal some cones or something and place them there. ha
Old 06-04-2005, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

haha well do if I don't forget.

I'll steal some cones or something and place them there. ha

Steal cones!!!!???

"And on todays news, cones were stolen by a private exotic/sports car club meeting."

Old 06-04-2005, 02:50 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
lol...I'll put them back of course! or just....leave them there. haha

then again...we might need them for gladstones.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol...I'll put them back of course! or just....leave them there. haha

then again...we might need them for gladstones.
Ah! Quite right! We will need them for Gladstones-- but, I'm going to be like the first one there so Im not going to have any cones. Im going to murder that little F40 Fred is bringing... hopefully.

Its all depends if Im in a good mood or not, the cones shall determine it. :p We could give them to that Dirty Paki Usman to put them pack from where we stole it, so were clean.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:17 AM

awesome, if there is a sign up sheet, add me too it! I have a LS1 Z28 that is decently modded, well kept, and nice rims and tires. Haha and I promise, I'm not one of those ******* WT camaro guys! Anyways, thanks for the invite, and as a big time MB fan, I'll look forward to crusin and meeting some of you guys.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:46 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
awesome, if there is a sign up sheet, add me too it! I have a LS1 Z28 that is decently modded, well kept, and nice rims and tires. Haha and I promise, I'm not one of those ******* WT camaro guys! Anyways, thanks for the invite, and as a big time MB fan, I'll look forward to crusin and meeting some of you guys.
I thought you had a MB?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: So-Cal Meet/PCH Cruise/ June 11th