Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Atlanta AMG Weekend Kudos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
piko6,

Thanks! It is a fun garage right now. The choice was easy today.... 70 and sunny only leaves one! Pair of sunglasses and the top down on the SL65.....

I looked over all of the pictures from the event, the airport, lunch, the dyno shop and the drag strip and it looks like we had a total of about 20 different AMG cars over the weekend. Not bad at all. I think we were able to prove that an event like this can be pulled off and a fun time had by all.

I did want to thank everyone again that came in from out of town. It was great that you all were willing to make the treck. We had GA FL and NC represented.

I think the long haul award goes to our "Superstar" Mother and Daughter team that came up from Orlando in their SL65.

We will have to pull out all of the stops next time!

Did everyone get a copy of their dyno sheets? If not I will be by AllSpeed this weekend and I can pick a copy up for you. If they have electronic versions I will send them out to everyone.

I am thinking an event in the fall, what do you all think?

Schiznick

Last edited by Schiznick; 05-03-2005 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:15 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65, 911
Congrats, guys - the event sounds like huge fun, and Piko's times (and MPH!!) are really impressive. I wish y'all were closer to California so I could join you!

FWIW, if people have HI-8 or DV video, send me the tape (PM for address) and I can digitize them and send the tape back.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Schiznick
I am thinking an event in the fall, what do you all think?

Schiznick
I'm definitely in. Lots of interesting possibilities - hooking up with a school at Road Atlanta or AMS, run the Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap (the Cherohala Skyway is even better), etc.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
I think the consensus was that we had over $2 Million in AMG cars represented throughout the weekend
Old 05-04-2005, 04:05 PM

sold.
Sorry for not posting earlier…First off, I’d like to start by saying thanks to Steve and Scott for organizing such an awesome event. I didn’t attend Friday’s dinner so I can’t say how that went but Saturday… Damn, I had some fun! It sucked we got rain but before lunch we were able to get in a few good pictures. At lunch, we met Rob from AMG who gave a pretty cool presentation, answered a few questions and topped it off by giving out some free hats! After that we went to the dyno. My car Dynoed at 299 RWHP and 303 lbs. of torque. I wish I would have made it on time on Sunday but I accidentally oversnoozed cuz I had a late night the day before (had to drive some drunken friends home which got me home EXTREMELY late). Even after waking up late, I still drove to Reynolds in hope of racing my car. I came prepared – Racing Helmet, Better Cameras w/ full Batteries, More Memory Cards, etc. Right when I got to the track I saw Chappy leaving so right then I knew I was screwed. (I think Chappy left right when he saw me cuz he got scared of my car getting a better time than his! jk) If the event organizer was leaving that means it was over. I was pisst! I’m under 21 (19 year old) and I’ve had my license suspended once for 6 months and don’t want it to happen again so I was really really hoping to race my car past 100 for the first time. But ohh well… Since I drove to Reynolds I had to come home w/ a memory. I went to the U-Pick Strawberry place next door and picked fresh strawberries. I didn’t have overalls and a straw-hat so I felt out of place but it was still fun. If we ever go back to Silver Dollar Raceway I suggest you guys go next door when you leave and try their fresh Strawberry Ice Cream – It’s damn good! As far as another event, put me down fa sho! This event was so much fun I can’t imagine what you guys will have next event! I’m pretty sure you guys will get an engine-builder out here next time. After other Southeast AMG Owners read this I’m certain that next meet will have at least double the amount of attendance this one had! I have to agree with Chappy that the best part was meeting and getting to know all of you AMG Owners. You guys were really nice. My little brother also wanted me to tell you guys that he had a blast! He went to school showing off his Limited Edition AMG Hat, LoL. Hopefully soon, he’ll be showing off his AMG Car rather than AMG Hat.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:47 PM

SLK55 AMG (previously C32 AMG)
It was a blast! Thanks for organizing this, Schiznick and Chappy.

One of my favorite moments was at the dyno when he punched the throttle on the first SL65, and I realized it was shaking the ground.

Stock C32 with luggage and spare tire still in the trunk:
13.5 @ 104.6

Does anyone know how Kim did on later runs? (I think she backed off on the first run so she wouldn't get in trouble for carrying a passenger, and I left after that.)

How about the SLK55 that showed up as I was leaving?

I'll second Rafi on the strawberries. I got a basket on the way out, and they're great. (My GF loves strawberries. When she saw a 5 lb basket of fresh strawberries, she completely forgave me for being away all weekend.)
Old 05-04-2005, 08:50 PM

SLK32
Kim ran 12.05 (I believe) on her last run. She did a great job improving her times. She shaved off almost a second on her times (I am counting her real runs, not the one trying to keep her time up).

Damn. I wish I had noticed the strawberry field. Some fresh strawberry ice cream sounds great.

Rafi, thanks for the leading the way back from Peachtree City. I saw you heading down to the track when I was leaving. It is a shame you weren't there in time to run. Don't worry there will be another trip to the drags.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Traction issues....
Attached Thumbnails Atlanta AMG Weekend Kudos-copy-burnout.jpg  
Old 05-05-2005, 07:14 PM

SLK 55
Thanks

Chappy
really enjoyed the short time I got to spend with some of the group. I was a very late arivial on sunday, but had a great time. I'm glad you talked me into running the baby a few times. I think with practice I can do better than the 13.028.
I am really bad about remembering names, so I forgot the name of the C guy that loaned me the helmet and gave me the tips on drag racing. I wanted to thank him and ask how he did after we left.
Hello to everyone I met. I hope we have another get together sometime this summer.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Saaz
How about the SLK55 that showed up as I was leaving?
Read Kroovy's comments above

Last edited by Chappy; 05-05-2005 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Krovvy
I am really bad about remembering names, so I forgot the name of the C guy that loaned me the helmet and gave me the tips on drag racing. I wanted to thank him and ask how he did after we left.
Hello to everyone I met. I hope we have another get together sometime this summer.
Glad you were able to make it. Matt (MBdragracer) with his Imperial Red C36 decided to bracket race his C36. He dialed in a time of 14.78 and on his very first run matched his time EXACTLY! 14.78! Pretty cool runs to see. The car runs much faster when the wiring harness is fitted properly

"Rafi & Co." it was great to meet you. However, no late night partying before drag day next time, aite?

I can honestly say that for virtually every minute, it was fun. I anticipate us being even more ambitious at a future event

Last edited by Chappy; 05-05-2005 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Anyone able to post and videos?
Old 05-09-2005, 11:47 AM

All of them!
How do you post videos? Do you have to have them hosted somewhere and post links to them or what?
Rich
Old 05-09-2005, 11:55 AM

All of them!
Here's Junior (the youngest gearhead in attendance) trying out the M3 in Allspeed's showroom. And the 500E on the dyno.
Attached Thumbnails Atlanta AMG Weekend Kudos-img_1508-medium-.jpg  
Old 05-09-2005, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
You will need to host the videos and then post a link.

Schiz
Old 05-10-2005, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
If somebody can get the videos to me(email or IM) I can host them if they're under 300Mb's and post links. I'm very upset I missed the event. Unfortunately it was finals week the week after the event and I had my Physics exam at 8am Monday morning. Sadly that took precedence over the drags on Sunday. As for saturday I partially blame the thunderstorms and mostly blame still being drunk at 8:30am when I needed to be leaving to get down to the Airport to meet everybody. I didn't think I'd had thaaaaat much to drink....
Old 05-10-2005, 05:24 PM

whats with the videos?
Old 05-11-2005, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
I know more people took pictures than me and Chappy.........

Schiz
Old 05-11-2005, 06:01 PM

2005 E55 AMG
I think Chappy's inbox is trying to recover from my blitz yesterday. Just forwarded the second set of pics. Next time I'll leave the D70 at home and take my wife's pocket-size Sony - may sacrifice image quality, but it's much more convenient, with movie mode a plus.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Beowulf
I think Chappy's inbox is trying to recover from my blitz yesterday. Just forwarded the second set of pics. Next time I'll leave the D70 at home and take my wife's pocket-size Sony - may sacrifice image quality, but it's much more convenient, with movie mode a plus.
Yes, Bob's poster-sized pics are huge. :p

Only about four came through before my ISP started rejecting the e-mails. Any chance you may be able to re-size?
Old 05-31-2005, 06:23 AM

04' Dodge SRT-4
Originally Posted by piko6
HELLO I HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY SO I Could not reply earlier..

SHiznick you are the man...

Damn.. You HAVE CLS 55, SL65, E55 STATION

FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO KNOW...

MY SL 65 MODS ARE:
i have eisenman exhaust..
KLEEMAN CHIP MOD
KLEEMAN LOWERING MOD

COSMETIC: HRE 547R's 305/25/20 REAR

MY BEST TIME AT GAINSVILLE WAS 11.6 AT 124.5
AT REYNOLDS IT WAS 11.71 At 126.9

However must be noted that my 0-60 feet is never better that 1.94

anyway AWESOME WEEKEND GUYS .. MUST DO IT AGAIN
And that was on street tires??? DAMN! Very nice..
Old 09-07-2006, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
It's alive!!! New ATL meet Nov 4th and 5th 2006. Details in the Events section!

Bigger, badder and better than last year!
Old 09-07-2006, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Schiznick
It's alive!!! New ATL meet Nov 4th and 5th 2006. Details in the Events section!

Bigger, badder and better than last year!
Absolutely! Just since this morning, we've already gotten inquiries from Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland and Massachusetts. I know there are some AMG owners from Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, Mississippi and Louisiana who may attend as well.

The goal is to have 10 states represented and 75+ AMG cars!
Old 09-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by Chappy
Absolutely! Just since this morning, we've already gotten inquiries from Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland and Massachusetts. I know there are some AMG owners from Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, Mississippi and Louisiana who may attend as well.

The goal is to have 10 states represented and 75+ AMG cars!
If this were closer to cali..... it's on!!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 07:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by JamE55
If this were closer to cali..... it's on!!!!
lol....JamE55....you're not going to believe all the things that will be going on in ATL Nov. 4th/5th. If you're not attending SEMA, why not come out for the weekend?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Atlanta AMG Weekend Kudos