Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Cyn. Run Before Toys 4 Tots

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A box on 4 wheels
Me and my friend got arrested before the canyon run. I was about 1/8 of a mile away from the meet up point. The Brown benz that was in front of me, you were very lucky my friend, we're charged with 3 tickets, almost a misdeamnor. Im never pulling that **** again
Old 12-04-2005, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some
WTF?!?!?! what happended? you got arrested? how?
Old 12-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Banned

your sister.
well that sucks. lol
Old 12-04-2005, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels
Well a benz or 2 not sure in front of me went into the center divider and sped up , center divider had dotted yellow lines, he sped up to pass these 2 very slow cars and because we were arriving at the meet about 8(we were on a tight schedule). So watching him, I decided to follow and my friend decided to follow. There was a cop hidden somewhere and it sped up and flashed us. He charged us with "racing" because we knew each other and we sped up and it was "reckless driving". The cop said the first car got lucky because he can only get 2 birds with 1 stone max. The amount of gravel that all 3 cars kicked up was insane.. that probably pissed off the cops. There windshield was fu$ked up because of my friends G35.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Originally Posted by Cappa26
Well a benz or 2 not sure in front of me went into the center divider and sped up , center divider had dotted yellow lines, he sped up to pass these 2 very slow cars and because we were arriving at the meet about 8(we were on a tight schedule). So watching him, I decided to follow and my friend decided to follow. There was a cop hidden somewhere and it sped up and flashed us. He charged us with "racing" because we knew each other and we sped up and it was "reckless driving". The cop said the first car got lucky because he can only get 2 birds with 1 stone max. The amount of gravel that all 3 cars kicked up was insane.. that probably pissed off the cops. There windshield was fu$ked up because of my friends G35.

What a douschebag.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels
whatevers im over it.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:00 PM

06 SLK55
The run and event were awesome...too bad we got caught pehind that POS XLR on the way up...we need to do an drive when we aren't so time limited...start around 930, end up on PCH in malibu for lunch...LOOK FOR THE POST SOON!!!
Attached Thumbnails Cyn. Run Before Toys 4 Tots-img_0197a_1_1_1.jpg   Cyn. Run Before Toys 4 Tots-img_0200_2_1_1.jpg   Cyn. Run Before Toys 4 Tots-img_0202_3_1_1.jpg   Cyn. Run Before Toys 4 Tots-img_0203_4_1_1.jpg   Cyn. Run Before Toys 4 Tots-img_0206_5_1_1.jpg  

Last edited by Falco; 12-04-2005 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Falco
The run and event were awesome...too bad we got caught pehind that POS XLR on the way up...we need to do an drive when we aren't so time limited...start around 930, end up on PCH in malibu for lunch...LOOK FOR THE POST SOON!!!
I must say a canyon run on a weekend in total daylight is likely the dumbest thing any driver could do.

First off the hills are packed with bikes and weekend drivers and then there are the reps from the CHP that tend to enjoy revoking people rights to drive on saturdays and sundays.

Come on guys lets plan these when people are sleeping....
Old 12-04-2005, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Me and my friend got arrested before the canyon run. I was about 1/8 of a mile away from the meet up point. The Brown benz that was in front of me, you were very lucky my friend, we're charged with 3 tickets, almost a misdeamnor. Im never pulling that **** again
Ya this might be what i was talking about

sorry that happened but that whole area is a cop shop on weekends. I have watched the 350z people and the Evo guys get stoned by the cops with their canyon runs and they were driving like grandma.

If the cops manage to catch the real canyon racing crews they get an express trip to jail

Trouble is... catching them is not exactly easy on a BMW bike or in a CrownVic!

Just stay away on weekends.

Ive never been bothered at night
Old 12-05-2005, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
that sucks man, i fell sorry 4 u, i got a reckless driving ticket a while ago.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Ya this might be what i was talking about

sorry that happened but that whole area is a cop shop on weekends. I have watched the 350z people and the Evo guys get stoned by the cops with their canyon runs and they were driving like grandma.

If the cops manage to catch the real canyon racing crews they get an express trip to jail

Trouble is... catching them is not exactly easy on a BMW bike or in a CrownVic!

Just stay away on weekends.

Ive never been bothered at night
i agree, we should either go at night (midnight or later) or very very early in the morning (5-6) on a sunday. when i had my m3 (e36) we would meet on pch at around 5:30 am and go through mulholland hwy. and a bunch of small canyons.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:06 AM

Cappa - sorry to hear man. Drive safely.

Btw, should we start a new thread with all the pictures? I am sure we all have a ton of pics. I'll get mine up later tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone who came out. Had a ton of fun!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 01:06 AM

06 SLK55
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
I must say a canyon run on a weekend in total daylight is likely the dumbest thing any driver could do.

First off the hills are packed with bikes and weekend drivers and then there are the reps from the CHP that tend to enjoy revoking people rights to drive on saturdays and sundays.

Come on guys lets plan these when people are sleeping....
I'd have to say drunk driving would be stupider...

Back on topic...yes their is an increased risk of Leo catching you..but as far as stupid, 8/10ths+ driving at night...when you can't see corners...rocks...water...gravel..animals...now that sounds a little bit stupid to me.

Face it you pick your battles...I've been riding and driving the Santa monica canyons on weekends only (just about every other weekend) and have only had 2 incidents with cops(let off once, given a 65 in a 55 when he clocked me at 102 the second time)...I'd rather have the strength of sight on my side rather than the darkness and silence of night.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
If your down to canyon run then i know an area by my house that is perfect. At night i would be cautious if you dont know it very well.