Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Save these dates: April 8&9 - SEMA PA show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Exclamation Save these dates: April 8&9 - SEMA PA show

It'll be at the Fort Washington Expo Center [smidge north of Philly] - ticket sales at their website ( www.sema.org ). I'll be going, and will expect at least SilverLana and RBrenton to be there. Anyone else thinking about it?

And if we have a mini-meet there, I won't even make the non-AMGs park in a different lot.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
I'll be there
Old 01-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Too far off to tell but I may come and bring some people with me. Is this to show or just watch?
Old 01-20-2006, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Too far off to tell but I may come and bring some people with me. Is this to show or just watch?
This is what is posted :

// PRESS RELEASE

DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (September 21, 2005) - SEMA announced that the sport compact season will be kicked off at the SEMA Auto Salon, April 2006, in Philadelphia, Penn.

SEMA Auto Salon Philadelphia will open its doors to the public April 8-9, 2006, at the Ft. Washington Expo Center in Fort Washington, Penn. SEMA anticipates more than 10,000 attendees will come to the premier automotive enthusiast event as it is the best opportunity for them to experience the $4.1billion sport compact industry.

Peter MacGillivray, SEMA vice president of Ma rketing and Communications, said the east coast sport compact segment continues to emerge in terms of automotive trends, and hosting the event in Philadelphia stimulates new opportunities for SEMA members in this fast-growing market.

"Philadelphia and the surrounding states have a large population of young auto enthusiasts, including urban, lowrider, luxury and European car enthusiasts, so the industry's move to this region gives SEMA members an opportunity to showcase their products and stay on top of important trends developing there," said MacGillivray.

SEMA Auto Salon typically draws attendees from nearly every state in the U.S., including such key markets as California, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York . Visitors also come from numerous other countries around the globe, such as Japan, the UK, France, Germany, Canada and Mexico .

MacGillivray stated that SEMA Auto Salon Philadelphia will essentially launch the sport compact season, and will serve as a platform to set the pace and trends for the year to come. "This event will jump start the season for these influential consumers by giving them an opportunity to see the newest automotive accessories all in one location."

In addition to new product exhibits, SEMA Auto Salon Philadelphia will include interactive activities, such as dyno shootouts and driving demonstrations, along with other dynamic show experiences such as the main stage activities and car show competition.

The Fort Washington Expo Center itself is the largest and busiest exhibition center on the East Coast, with more than 250,000 square feet of contiguous exhibit space on a single floor. For exhibitors, the venue provides the flexibility and room necessary for product exhibits, interaction with consumers and business-to-business meeting space. For show attendees, the numerous hotels and restaurants adjacent to the center provide convenient accommodations and easy access to the two-day event.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by tommy
It'll be at the Fort Washington Expo Center [smidge north of Philly] - ticket sales at their website ( www.sema.org ). I'll be going, and will expect at least SilverLana and RBrenton to be there. Anyone else thinking about it?

And if we have a mini-meet there, I won't even make the non-AMGs park in a different lot.
FINE we will mix with the NORMALS... Just kidding, lol

Hmm I might be down for this, Stop over in NYC the night before shouldnt be tooo bad
Old 02-02-2006, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
I didn't know about this. I thought you were dead Tommy.

Hmmm, sounds like a ricer show. I hope get some good ideas at this "sport compact" show for my "sedan cruiser"

Maybe a nice fart can or a wing.

lol!
Old 02-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally Posted by RBrenton88
Hmmm, sounds like a ricer show. I hope get some good ideas at this "sport compact" show for my "sedan cruiser"!
Yeah, it is. Their selection of headlight surround rings is off the hook!

I'm not dead, I come up for air every so often.

I was thinking about another Bear Mountain meet attempt, or another of our "Awww, sh*t - no one's going to show up, might as well open the Johnny Walker" NJ meets towards end of April or early May. We'll see.