Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

south florida gtg #14 vw/audi meet FEB 25TH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Focus ST
south florida gtg #14 vw/audi meet FEB 25TH

SFL GTG #14 - February 25, 2006 - Amelia Earhart Park

The 2006 SFL GTG planning is well underway. We've had to make a few changes and adjustments for #14 due to South Florida getting owned by some hurricanes, but we're still going to be doing our thing just like every year.

One of the most notable changes is the location: the event has been relocated to Amelia Earhart Park in Miami-Dade County. It's only a few minutes south from the previous location and has plenty to offer its attendants. We're also shaking the sponsor tree again to make sure we bring back the same great participants we've had in the past as well as new vendors who may have something to offer our loyal attendees.

Last year's event brought us well over 700 cars from all over the US, and even many from Canada; we're hoping to see all these people as well as many new faces so make your plans, schedule your time off, and bring your friends!

Remember, our event is just that; our event. If it wasn't for the heart in the dubber community, we couldn't make it happen. So if you've got a car club, a group of buddies, or fly solo and would like to be a part of the SFL GTG, make sure you get involved and volunteer to help us run the event. It's the best way to meet new people, have a great time, and give a little back.

This site will be updated frequently with new information as we get closer to the event date. You'll find sponsor info, volunteer info, directions, links to caravan threads, links to accommodation arrangements, pictures, as well as answers to all of your questions. There's also a thread on VWVortex.com with up-to-the-minute information: For immediate answers to your questions, click here.

So stay tuned; you'll be glad you did.

This event is open to all Volkswagen and Audi enthusiasts. The main-grounds parking will be reserved for owners/drivers of air-cooled or water-cooled Volkswagen or Audi models of any vintage. Parking is available along the perimeter of the event for non-VW/Audi driving guests.

The South Florida Get Together remains unique among car shows and get-togethers by remaining FREE to attend and open to all ages! While Amelia Earhart Park has a $1 admission fee, parking and access to the event grounds is free. Food and drinks will be available - for $5 you can purchase a food ticket which will give you unlimited food and drink (while supplies last) and entry into our raffle giveaway! Our unique (and collectible) T-shirts will be available before and during the event -- watch for our staff offering these shirts at local weekly or monthly gatherings before the GTG! Dozens of well-known sponsors will be attending the event as vendors and donating prizes for the raffle and several vendors will even offer installation on-site with their own expert staff.

With over 700 cars and over 1200 people attending our last show, and even more expected this year, the South Florida Get Together has fast become one of the largest VW/Audi shows in the US! Euro Tuner magazine has covered the past three events. People are coming from all across the Eastern seaboard for this event! With the park located within 30 minutes of South Beach, downtown Miami, and the Fort Lauderdale beaches, out-of-towners can enjoy a full Florida vacation weekend of sun and sea, or nightlife and debauchery!

[/quote]

www.sflgtg.com

=====

ohh yea i've gone for the last 3 years....amazing organization....giant field covered in dubs. if i missed this show i would kill myself

i hope to be taking my dads brand new C6 3.2Quattro to the event, and my brother will be taking his a4, and all my friends their vw's.....

less than a month away!!!

Last edited by my E430 rocket; 02-02-2006 at 02:33 AM.