Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Rosebowl meet pics and comments

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350

Finished. I have all the pics in Hi-res if you want one.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Out Of Control!

Thanks for the great pics Fred! Those pics #12 ,13 and entering the freeway was pretty crazy! I remember from the stop i just punched it and damn! Had to let off the juice a little bit because i wasn't getting too much traction. But definitely crazy entering the fwy. I loved it! Should do that again.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'99 C230 K
just curious, why are you guys all wearing jackets? I could be wrong but isnt it like always atleast 65 degrees over there? cold front from the mountains?
Old 03-06-2006, 05:07 PM

'04 c230 SS, '06 RR supercharge sport, '06 z4 M Roadster
Oooh, who brought the smart car?! Very nice...
Old 03-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by hybrid_girl
Oooh, who brought the smart car?! Very nice...
There were actually 2 Smart Cars there. One belongs to Mark M and the other to Dan W.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nice action shots Dancingbenzos.

Originally Posted by Evil Duffman
just curious, why are you guys all wearing jackets? I could be wrong but isnt it like always atleast 65 degrees over there? cold front from the mountains?
LOL...are you kidding me? Josh K and I were freezing our asses off right at sunset. It was okay during the day but as soon as the sun started going down it was .

Originally Posted by Richard023
Hehehe...if I had known you were taking snap shots, I would have pop the hood and show'd you the "eye candy".
Next time.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
why was jerry's car in the middle of nowhere all alone
Old 03-06-2006, 07:22 PM

Sorry it took so long to post - just now recovering. The meet came together well. Thanks to Angela for bringing the free burgers and beer, and everyone else who brought chicken, drinks, chips, plates, utensils and condiments. And the sponsors who showed up. And Brad for cooking his brains out. And those who showed up early and stayed late cleaning. Everyone was great. Again, it all came together very nicely. Good Job Angela Glad you got to go out with the boys after and relax

First 5 out of a billion. On the way there with the DB9 that tried to get away after we merged and things opened up on the 134, but we reeled him back in And seeing a new CL65 - 3-4 mos old - with some kid with a backward hat on drivin it, then we found out it was Lexani! These are just the drive there. Start of a fun day!
Attached Thumbnails Rosebowl meet pics and comments-p3040664.jpg   Rosebowl meet pics and comments-p3040668.jpg   Rosebowl meet pics and comments-p3040676.jpg   Rosebowl meet pics and comments-p3040672.jpg   Rosebowl meet pics and comments-p3040678.jpg  

Last edited by lisamcgu; 03-06-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Nice pics of cool cars. I wish I could have made it to the meet. Next time.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
Wow, such a great turn out on that meet.....Dam i really wish i could of made it. I will do my best to make it out next time for sure.

BTW, I think we should have a Mbworld Vs E46Fanatic meet at the rosebowl. That would be awesome!!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by BrabusClK04
Wow, such a great turn out on that meet.....Dam i really wish i could of made it. I will do my best to make it out next time for sure.

BTW, I think we should have a Mbworld Vs E46Fanatic meet at the rosebowl. That would be awesome!!
good idea.......

theres always a nice sized meet in westwood every now and then, maybe we can add some benz's to the mix
Old 03-06-2006, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
look at the 1st picture on post 57.... ....Mr. Perzbenz was so happy to won a trophie.... ..... that look on that face is priceless... ....lol...... Good snap shot Fred..... ...

Last edited by SL BRABUS; 03-06-2006 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Hey Fred......did you take a photographer class.... .?? all those pictures look really great.... ...I like the rolling action pictures......Maybe next time I wonder if you could take some pictures of the rolling action of my car when we have our next meeting in the future.... ...?? Got to put back that Brabus Monoblock III wheels for the rolling action..... ...
Old 03-06-2006, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Originally Posted by BENZGal
Thank you Richard. Did we meet? I loved your Vette and loved the ferocious sound. It was hot! It was cool to see you fly down the street.

Thank you! No we didn't, you looked REAL busy doing busy stuff. And unforunately, I couldn't stay for long....but, I'm quite certain if the next festivity is in your hands, it'll be a ROCKIN event and I'll make sure to holler!

Benzoboi - Okay, I did see your ride, the stock wheels thru me off. CONGRATS on the award.

Alex - You missed a good one! I seriously expect Usman, and you to show up. He was to give each of us a test drive on his supercharged Bimmer. In fact there was couple of guys on the list I was hoping to finally meet; Robert (AMGSC), Darrick (BrabusCLK04), Mikey (The Godfather) was a no show....and oh yeah, the himself - Sean (Thericker aka BlownS500)!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:42 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
LOL...are you kidding me? Josh K and I were freezing our asses off right at sunset. It was okay during the day but as soon as the sun started going down it was .
LOL. Dude - I was freezing my *** off and I WAS wearing a jacket.

Fred, Thanks for taking pictures of my car man!
Old 03-07-2006, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Thank you! No we didn't, you looked REAL busy doing busy stuff. And unforunately, I couldn't stay for long....but, I'm quite certain if the next festivity is in your hands, it'll be a ROCKIN event and I'll make sure to holler!

Benzoboi - Okay, I did see your ride, the stock wheels thru me off. CONGRATS on the award.

Alex - You missed a good one! I seriously expect Usman, and you to show up. He was to give each of us a test drive on his supercharged Bimmer. In fact there was couple of guys on the list I was hoping to finally meet; Robert (AMGSC), Darrick (BrabusCLK04), Mikey (The Godfather) was a no show....and oh yeah, the himself - Sean (Thericker aka BlownS500)!
yea i was planing on coming but everything went wrong......usman didn't get his car and i guess he's in vegas somewhere picking it up as we speak and i got stuck at work till 2:30ish so by the time i would go change and come out i would have got there late so hopefully next time and i'll have my baby with me........
Old 03-07-2006, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
[QUOTE=Richard023]Thank you! No we didn't, you looked REAL busy doing busy stuff. And unforunately, I couldn't stay for long....but, I'm quite certain if the next festivity is in your hands, it'll be a ROCKIN event and I'll make sure to holler!QUOTE]

Yeah make sure you say hi next time. I don't plan on holding anymore meets for a while. It's tons of work, and I didn't even get to bring my Benz. I had fun checking out all the cool cars though. Nothing like hanging with my friends. I can't believe I have known some of you guys for a couple of years now. Time flies.

For those of you that know Carlos aka Saprissa I just got done chatting with him online for the first time in a couple of months. He just got to his military base after leaving Afghanistan on Saturday. I was worried about him and happy to hear that he is safe. I'm sure he will post on this thread after he gets some sleep. He doesn't plan on returning until summer so a meet is out of the question until the end of summer. Someone else will have to take over in the meantime. I paid for a year at the Rose Bowl so if someone would like to take it over let me know.

Thank you for coming guys that was fun. The lady at the Rose Bowl told me next time we could set up a strip for some test runs. If she only knew what we consider test runs. We cleaned up the trash and made them happy.

Last edited by BENZGal; 03-07-2006 at 01:22 AM.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
What!?!?! Drag day at the Rosebowl? Now that would be fun. Since my 55 is slow, I'll bring out the other little toy
Old 03-07-2006, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
end of summer???????????????booooooooooo, come on.........i'm sure we can do one before then
Old 03-07-2006, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by alex-mbz
end of summer???????????????booooooooooo, come on.........i'm sure we can do one before then

I want another one soon as well!

Alex, I don't know if I read from one of your other posts, but I could have sworn that I heard that you live in the SouthBay. I know over at E46fanatics, they had a "mini-meet" at the In-N-Out at Torrance Crossroads, maybe we can schedule one there. Or, even at one of Ling's VIP Buffets!
Old 03-07-2006, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by nlpamg

I want another one soon as well!

Alex, I don't know if I read from one of your other posts, but I could have sworn that I heard that you live in the SouthBay. I know over at E46fanatics, they had a "mini-meet" at the In-N-Out at Torrance Crossroads, maybe we can schedule one there. Or, even at one of Ling's VIP Buffets!
yea phil i live in pv and i'm also on e46 quite a bit.....i've seen the pics from the little meets over there..mostly bmw's but i know the crowd's mostly high school kis on the weekend there but they are pretty nice sized meets in westwood from time to time that gather p-cars, benz, ferrari's and bimmers.......i wanna go to those once i get my car back......

so better yet i'm down to meet up with the buffet guys.......haha
Old 03-07-2006, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo

Yeah I had to tie up some loose ends in prep for the new motor swap...
Hats off to ya man your rides lookin' Baaaaaaad Me likey
When I'm On my way home from MechTech after their finished w/my new power we should meet up somewhere in LA she goes in on the 27th Jim says a week to a week & half I'll call you....
Old 03-07-2006, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

cool... hmm... I never knew that about the e46 meets... Buffet it is! lol

yea phil i live in pv and i'm also on e46 quite a bit.....i've seen the pics from the little meets over there..mostly bmw's but i know the crowd's mostly high school kis on the weekend there but they are pretty nice sized meets in westwood from time to time that gather p-cars, benz, ferrari's and bimmers.......i wanna go to those once i get my car back......

so better yet i'm down to meet up with the buffet guys.......haha
Old 03-07-2006, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by nlpamg
cool... hmm... I never knew that about the e46 meets... Buffet it is! lol
yea i can never turn down food........lol

what part of socal do you live in?
Old 03-07-2006, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

yea i can never turn down food........lol

what part of socal do you live in?
I live pretty close to you, in Torrance.

I go by Torrance Crossroads a lot to get to Costco or the gym, that's why I thought the meets there would actually be cool...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rosebowl meet pics and comments