Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Portland, OR MBCA show and shine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W126, W140, W201, W208
Portland, OR MBCA show and shine

Someone mentioned about this event before. It's on Sunday June 11 from 10AM-4PM at Grand Prix Imports. I'll be there. Anyone else from PNW?

Here is the newsletter from MBCA
http://www.mbca.org/portland/newsletter/current.pdf
Old 06-09-2006, 12:15 AM

2008 Porsche 997 C4S Cabriolet
I'll probably plan on stopping by sometime later in the morning for a look. Sounds interesting and it's only about 15 minutes away from where I live. Look forward to meeting up with others.

JS
Old 06-14-2006, 09:55 PM

'03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by JoeShark
I'll probably plan on stopping by sometime later in the morning for a look. Sounds interesting and it's only about 15 minutes away from where I live. Look forward to meeting up with others.

JS
How was it Ian, Joe?

I got all caught up in driving a Speed Yellow 996TT and forgot all about it. Damn.

Any pics?
Old 06-16-2006, 02:32 AM

W126, W140, W201, W208
Well Jeremy, the worst show ever. I got there a little bit late (2pm, the show supposed to be over at 4) only few classics (Old SL, convertible S, SL with chevy engine ) up there. By 2:15 everybody was leaving, so I went inside to see few exotics.I had the chance to hear Carrera GT accelerating and DaYUMMM. By 2:30 didnt see any mercedes outside, So yeah a little bit dissapointing, but the guy who works there said there's gonna be another show this weekend for father's day, so probably I'll stop by to check it out maybe a lthis time I'll try to get there a little bit early . Sorry didn't have my camera with me.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:14 AM

'03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by YABADI
Well Jeremy, the worst show ever. I got there a little bit late (2pm, the show supposed to be over at 4) only few classics (Old SL, convertible S, SL with chevy engine ) up there. By 2:15 everybody was leaving, so I went inside to see few exotics.I had the chance to hear Carrera GT accelerating and DaYUMMM. By 2:30 didnt see any mercedes outside, So yeah a little bit dissapointing, but the guy who works there said there's gonna be another show this weekend for father's day, so probably I'll stop by to check it out maybe a lthis time I'll try to get there a little bit early . Sorry didn't have my camera with me.
And it was perfect weather as well.

It's too bad there isn't a big German Autofest in this neck of the woods. We need to get all of the Mercedes, Audi's, Porsche's, BMW's, etc together.

PS---Good seeing you today.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:22 AM

2008 Porsche 997 C4S Cabriolet
I'll have to second Ian. Not to interesting at all. I got there about noon and was out of there by 1:00pm.

One very cool classic (SL300) and one CLS55 with some Renntech mods and that's about it for owner cars. There was a SL55 with some Renntech mods and that's about all I remember that stood out for me in terms of MB cars.

Inside was the usual awesome collection. My favorite was actually the orange Lambo. Looks like they just got in a new Bentley and there was also a new BMW M6 (carbon roof was very cool). To bad I missed the GT firing up.

I would be interested if another show comes along but hope that the turnout is a little better. Maybe I should get some of the cars up and down my street to turn out:
two MB CLS 500's
Ferarri F430 and older Testarossa
Porsche 997s and Cayenne
Audi S4 and A8
Masarati Coupe
BMW 745

Jeremy, I'll try to stop by your shop later next week if I can find some time and have a chat.

JS
Old 06-16-2006, 11:41 AM

'03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by JoeShark
I'll have to second Ian. Not to interesting at all. I got there about noon and was out of there by 1:00pm.

One very cool classic (SL300) and one CLS55 with some Renntech mods and that's about it for owner cars. There was a SL55 with some Renntech mods and that's about all I remember that stood out for me in terms of MB cars.

Inside was the usual awesome collection. My favorite was actually the orange Lambo. Looks like they just got in a new Bentley and there was also a new BMW M6 (carbon roof was very cool). To bad I missed the GT firing up.

I would be interested if another show comes along but hope that the turnout is a little better. Maybe I should get some of the cars up and down my street to turn out:
two MB CLS 500's
Ferarri F430 and older Testarossa
Porsche 997s and Cayenne
Audi S4 and A8
Masarati Coupe
BMW 745

Jeremy, I'll try to stop by your shop later next week if I can find some time and have a chat.

JS
IMHO, there needs to be more of an "event" for all German cars. That might get your neighbors out and about.
More to come...

Yes, please stop on by Joe. I would love to chat.
TTYS

Last edited by jeremyw; 06-16-2006 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:57 PM

W126, W140, W201, W208
Originally Posted by jeremy@matrix
We need to get all of the Mercedes, Audi's, Porsche's, BMW's, etc together.
I like that idea jeremy
Old 06-16-2006, 03:01 PM

'03 E55 AMG
Good then I'll expect BOTH of your vehicles to show. ;-)