Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Trying to see interest in Charity Run NYC to MIAMI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Trying to see interest in Charity Run NYC to MIAMI

Well this is a little different from the Meets I normally put together. But I was thinking about putting together a gumball style event to benefit a charity(I would like it to go to Cancer). I know a lot of us would LOVE to go on a Gumball/ Cannonball run but cant shell out the $15+K for the event So this would be an event that is significantly cheaper and could maybe even be a tax write off to a point?

Anyways, the plan is to start in NYC and drive down to Miami, get some sponsors for prizes and a few more things that are getting worked out.

I have a few people from AMGpower already Interested... this would be an early spring event or late fall(for a full year of planning). 5 days of driving. And then everyone pitches in and we rent an enclosed trailer and ship all the cars back.

If I find there is some interest Ill start making phone calls and assembling the pieces together. Also begin to come up with some estimates of the event in Total...
Old 09-17-2006, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK55 AMG, 2005 C240 4maitc
Awesome idea man! i want in, you have no idea. i want in! let me know everything as soon as it develops. Esp if were planning on shipping the cars back after the fact. I'm pretty pumped about this. Keep us posted!
Old 09-18-2006, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
5 days of driving. And then everyone pitches in and we rent an enclosed trailer and ship all the cars back..
Any idea on the cost of the trailer.....and how many cars are you looking to get involved? (My point is how many cars can you get on a "enclosed trailer"?)
Old 09-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Quite a few actually

There are different trailors to accomidate different amounts of cars...

If we could get 10-15 cars I would be happy... If other groups(of car owners) wanted to participate they would have to look in to there own trailer rentals...

Honestly I am only trying to gauge interest at this point... We'll be making 4 evening stops before you get to Miami, and then once in miami its up in the air...
Old 09-28-2006, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320, Looking for my S4
Yea count me in to, hopefully i'll have my E55 or E63. I hope i get that damn raise. if now i'll go in an e320