Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Quicktime Movie of 1/20/07 No. CA SLK Enthusiasts Meet & Drive -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK350 - 2006 ML350
Talking Quicktime Movie of 1/20/07 No. CA SLK Enthusiasts Meet & Drive -

ANOTHER GREAT DAY!!! We had an amazing variety of SLK's participate on another beautiful California day. 170's, 171's, AMG's, Designo colors...what a great display!!! We were led from San Jose up by Calaveras reservoir to Sunol for a great lunch at Bosco's.

CRANK UP THE SOUND on your computer! A Quicktime movie with music of the 1/20/07 Northern California SLK Enthusiasts meet and drive can be seen
here:
http://home.comcast.net/~motzko/0701SLK.mov

Past Quicktime movies of the last 20 meet/drives can be seen here:
http://home.comcast.net/~motzko/Steves_SLK_Page.html

Quicktime player or the PC or MAC is available free at:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime

Thanks to all that participated!
Old 01-23-2007, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK55 Cabrio
Talking

Cool clip...I have ripped through that road many times...Too bad you couldnt have included a trip over Mines road as well....

Not sure about the music though...Great jpb in getting everyone together. Now if we can just combined Northern and Southern Cal in a large gathering it would be awesome. We had about 150+ cars last wekend.

Mick
Old 01-23-2007, 10:49 AM

2005 SLK350 - 2006 ML350
Talking

Originally Posted by topless in SB
Cool clip...I have ripped through that road many times...Too bad you couldnt have included a trip over Mines road as well....

Not sure about the music though...Great jpb in getting everyone together. Now if we can just combined Northern and Southern Cal in a large gathering it would be awesome. We had about 150+ cars last wekend.

Mick
MIck,

Check out the music on some of the other drives:
http://home.comcast.net/~motzko/Steves_SLK_Page.html

August of '05 is my personal theme song for my car...
Old 01-23-2007, 11:40 AM

CLK55 Cabrio
Dude...your site is cool...I know all those drives. I use to live and grew up in the Bay Area. If we plan a large State gathering would yu be interested in helping us pull people together.

Thanks for sharing and spending your time pulling all the clips together. Hopefully you won't descriminate though....I drive a CLK Cabrio

Nice to see on the one video when you wee by the bridge on an overcast day that the tops were all down...now that's my way of owning a convertible. I always have mine down...hence my handle (topless)

Ciao,
Mick
Old 01-23-2007, 11:51 AM

2005 SLK350 - 2006 ML350
Talking

Originally Posted by topless in SB
Dude...your site is cool...I know all those drives. I use to live and grew up in the Bay Area. If we plan a large State gathering would yu be interested in helping us pull people together.

Thanks for sharing and spending your time pulling all the clips together. Hopefully you won't descriminate though....I drive a CLK Cabrio

Nice to see on the one video when you wee by the bridge on an overcast day that the tops were all down...now that's my way of owning a convertible. I always have mine down...hence my handle (topless)

Ciao,
Mick
Mick,
Unfortunately, we have been a SLK only group and have actually tried to get some So. Cal participation...even announcing our October 06 overnight trip to San Simeon in hopes of getting people from the south. We have only once gotten someone from Santa Clarita, who joined us on one of our drives.

Maybe sometime in the future we can have a more open California Mercedes meet.
...Steve
Old 01-23-2007, 12:05 PM

CLK55 Cabrio
Originally Posted by Motzkoman
Mick,
Unfortunately, we have been a SLK only group and have actually tried to get some So. Cal participation...even announcing our October 06 overnight trip to San Simeon in hopes of getting people from the south. We have only once gotten someone from Santa Clarita, who joined us on one of our drives.

Maybe sometime in the future we can have a more open California Mercedes meet.
...Steve
Steve,

Anytime you want to try a collaborative approach please let me know. I will be happy to assist and get the event off the ground. There are quite a few enthusiasts down here. The problem is they are from SD, OC, LA area and even San Simeon is 4+ hours from LA, let alone SD.

I am sure we could find a good spot that would attract a great crowd.

Anyway keep up the great work!