Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Ok, I couldnt not do it... NORTHEAST MERCEDES MEET Oct 6/7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 350
The ride was wonderful and thank you everyone who came alone today.

Ctc230K, I am sorry to see you "right side fog light failed". I hope that won't cost too much to fix it.

several rules for the future meet,
1. No more car meet at Berger King (they would give you funnky nike name and wait forever).
2. Only English allow on Walkie-talkie
3. DO NOT drink gas even you are reall thirsty

anymore?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
guys, real sorry bout today... NY had its way with me on this trip down...

First one of the kids I was driving down with canceled on me Saturday morning when we were suppose to meet up to drive down. Then when I get to NY I hit Massive amounts of traffic in the bronx. Then I was good for a few hours and went to go check into my hotel...

oh guess what? THEY LOST MY RESERVATION!!! AND EVERY SINGLE HOTEL IN NY IS BOOKED!!! I somehow ended up talking to the Ritz Carlton in Battery Park... ok so not bad right how bad could it be right? well finding the new hotel was a 3 hour process but we got one, drove in, met up with another buddy and we were straight. Did I mention its illegal to turn right on red in NY? Well it is, and I found that out the hard way. I got pulled over by NYPD and it went something like this...

police on the PA: "Roll down all your windows and open your sunroof"
I roll down my windows and open the roof

Police on PA: "Turn on your dome lights"

We follow all requests and finally the cop comes to us and we do the whole process. Apparently a $200 fine in NY, GREAT! Finally got to the hotel and go to proceed with the rest of our night spending 3 times more on our hotel then we planned to

So our restraunt was gracious enough to push our reservations back a few times... well when we got there they said we had to wait because we were way too late... we waited like 15-20 min and were at the dinner table FINALLY... so our night proceeds somewhat normally and into today.

So we check out and are waiting for the car, the plan was grab a quick bite to eat and then run up to the meet spot on 84, I figured 40minutes or so to get up there. Anyways so my car comes around and its got scratches and what not all over it, that DEF werent there when we dropped it off, and thats where I was when Tom called... I was finishing up with security and getting some things worked out with the hotel...
Old 10-07-2007, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by 55fanatic

First one of the kids I was driving down with canceled on me Saturday morning when we were suppose to meet up to drive down. Then when I get to NY I hit Massive amounts of traffic in the bronx. Then I was good for a few hours and went to go check into my hotel...

oh guess what? THEY LOST MY RESERVATION!!! AND EVERY SINGLE HOTEL IN NY IS BOOKED!!! I somehow ended up talking to the Ritz Carlton in Battery Park... ok so not bad right how bad could it be right? well finding the new hotel was a 3 hour process but we got one, drove in, met up with another buddy and we were straight. Did I mention its illegal to turn right on red in NY? Well it is, and I found that out the hard way. I got pulled over by NYPD and it went something like this...

We follow all requests and finally the cop comes to us and we do the whole process. Apparently a $200 fine in NY, GREAT! Finally got to the hotel and go to proceed with the rest of our night spending 3 times more on our hotel then we planned to

So our restraunt was gracious enough to push our reservations back a few times... well when we got there they said we had to wait because we were way too late... we waited like 15-20 min and were at the dinner table FINALLY... so our night proceeds somewhat normally and into today.

So we check out and are waiting for the car, the plan was grab a quick bite to eat and then run up to the meet spot on 84, I figured 40minutes or so to get up there. Anyways so my car comes around and its got scratches and what not all over it, that DEF werent there when we dropped it off, and thats where I was when Tom called... I was finishing up with security and getting some things worked out with the hotel...

Daamn Peter. NYC has signs at every entry point into the city that say no turn on red unless posted otherwise =/. What did you do about the scratches?

I had a pretty ****ty weekend as well, 18 hours of work in 2 days, some ******* slashed my bumper badger off, and on the way home just now I got a check engine light (prolly from running rich as hell, I throw huge fireballs out the exhaust if I launch the car.)
Old 10-08-2007, 01:04 PM

E36 M3, 82 f-150 4x4
Originally Posted by lucky6600
The ride was wonderful and thank you everyone who came alone today.

Ctc230K, I am sorry to see you "right side fog light failed". I hope that won't cost too much to fix it.

several rules for the future meet,
1. No more car meet at Berger King (they would give you funnky nike name and wait forever).
2. Only English allow on Walkie-talkie
3. DO NOT drink gas even you are reall thirsty

anymore?
4. Donuts are not meant to quench your thirst.
5. Do NOT take the paint off my rear bumber with your front bumper.
6. Do ADD more weight to your car so mine seems faster.
7. Do HAVE direction on your person BEFORE heading out the door.
Any More?

OH!, I'd like to give a shout out to Tinkerbell for cutting my whopper for me.
Well worth the 25 minute wait!!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

any pics? Im freakin jealous, I even took the eclass down for this =(
Old 10-09-2007, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend

oh wow Pete, that sounds like your luck with the car was about as bad as mine!

so about 20 minutes into the drive we're on 84 around danbury and there's a ton of crap in the road. i swear i've never hit so much crap on the highway before in one single day!! we're doin about 80-90, m3 in front of me runs something over, it looked like a cardboard box or something. he hits it, i hit it and hear an awful noise and then feel something scraping and dragging under the car. so we pull over and holy **** my entire right fog light assembly and all the underbody plastic in front of the wheel is gone!

i'm thinking this is gonna be close to a grand to fix! new fog light alone is $250-300, but i also need the socket, bulb, mesh grill, grill backing, new wiring cause it ripped the wire clean in half, new underbody plastic, and repaint the front spoiler!
Old 10-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

my luck is slightly better because the Ritz will pay for my damage... I would contact what ever town you were in to complain about that ish... that SUCKS although from the picture it looks like you might be able to buff out the damage to the bumper?
Old 10-09-2007, 01:07 PM

2012 Alpina B7 xdrive
I'm in! i'm a newbie btw, just gota w210 e55!

Thanks
Ronnie
Old 10-09-2007, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
my luck is slightly better because the Ritz will pay for my damage... I would contact what ever town you were in to complain about that ish... that SUCKS although from the picture it looks like you might be able to buff out the damage to the bumper?
yeah i should try that.
Originally Posted by RLe55
I'm in! i'm a newbie btw, just gota w210 e55!

Thanks
Ronnie
you're in? for the meet that was 2 days ago?

..........can i borrow your flux capacitor???
Old 10-09-2007, 03:50 PM

E46 M3
Ouch, sorry to hear about the foglight ctC230K, hope its not as much to fix as you say. Would love to see some more pictures guys.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:23 PM

SLK 350
so how can i post pics?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:20 PM

XLR
Here are some, no particular order. What a great drive! Dippin' on some of these roads was seriously fun! It was good to meet some of you!
Attached Thumbnails Ok, I couldnt not do it... NORTHEAST MERCEDES MEET Oct 6/7-img_1545_edited-large-.jpg   Ok, I couldnt not do it... NORTHEAST MERCEDES MEET Oct 6/7-img_1554_edited-large-.jpg   Ok, I couldnt not do it... NORTHEAST MERCEDES MEET Oct 6/7-img_1551_edited-large-.jpg   Ok, I couldnt not do it... NORTHEAST MERCEDES MEET Oct 6/7-img_1553_edited-large-.jpg   Ok, I couldnt not do it... NORTHEAST MERCEDES MEET Oct 6/7-img_1552_edited-large-.jpg  

Last edited by ///AMG55; 10-09-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Oh man...that sucks about your foglight.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Were you guys able to 'move' mostly or where you behind [as me and my wife unaffectionately categorize most folks aroud where I live] POKES a lot of the time on those one-lane roads? Nothin I have [edit: have? typo: meant hate] more then a twisty road and not being able to feel side Gs due to some loozer in front of me who doesn't live by the creedo that their car won't slide out of the lane if they press the go fast peddle a little more and everyone will enjoy the ride more so if they do.

Last edited by c55m8o; 10-10-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 E550 4Matic
Damn shawn. That sucks. Since it happend on 84 I think you need to deal with the state DOT. Glood luck getting a refund from the State. I hit a pothole on 84 by the mall and cracked my rim. The state refused to pay because they didnt know that the pothole was there.

Try to find the fog light and mesh on ebay.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:17 AM

SLK 350
Originally Posted by ///AMG55
Here are some, no particular order. What a great drive! Dippin' on some of these roads was seriously fun! It was good to meet some of you!
That was great to meet you and see your red beauty.
Too bad that you had to take off for gas, you missed some serious twise.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:24 AM

SLK 350
there are some here
Attached Thumbnails Ok, I couldnt not do it... NORTHEAST MERCEDES MEET Oct 6/7-dscf0013.jpg   Ok, I couldnt not do it... NORTHEAST MERCEDES MEET Oct 6/7-img_1534.jpg   Ok, I couldnt not do it... NORTHEAST MERCEDES MEET Oct 6/7-img_1558.jpg   Ok, I couldnt not do it... NORTHEAST MERCEDES MEET Oct 6/7-img_1605.jpg   Ok, I couldnt not do it... NORTHEAST MERCEDES MEET Oct 6/7-dscf0022.jpg  

Old 10-10-2007, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by c55m8o
Were you guys able to 'move' mostly or where you behind [as me and my wife unaffectionately categorize most folks aroud where I live] POKES a lot of the time on those one-lane roads? Nothin I have more then a twisty road and not being able to feel side Gs due to some loozer in front of me who doesn't live by the creedo that their car won't slide out of the lane if they press the go fast peddle a little more and everyone will enjoy the ride more so if they do.
about half and half. we got behind a couple old folks in their lexus out for a sunday drive doin 25 mph and some minivans, suv's, etc but we solved that problem fairly "quickly"
even 1 guy in a 330i with chrome rimz and some various chrome bling accessories doin 20-25 in the best twisty road obviously some city schmuck that got lost in the woods. passed his *** in the corner!
Old 10-10-2007, 02:00 PM

XLR
OMG I drove in to the gas station on fumes! I swear the needle didn’t even move when I shut the engine off! Imagine if I would have ran out of gas in the thick of it! People would've probably throwin sheit at me lol.
Next time I fill up completely before I leave home gas in NY is like 40 cents more per gallon damn!

Ctc230k- Man that sucks! But, I didn’t even realize when you were doing all those flybys so I guess it not that noticeable.

- Question how do you load my pictures so that they show up on the whole page without having to click on them to open???

Last edited by ///AMG55; 10-10-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by ///AMG55
OMG I drove in to the gas station on fumes! I swear the needle didn’t even move when I shut the engine off! Imagine if I would have ran out of gas in the thick of it! People would've probably throwin sheit at me lol.
Next time I fill up completely before I leave home gas in NY is like 40 cents more per gallon damn!

Ctc230k- Man that sucks! But, I didn’t even realize when you were doing all those flybys so I guess it not that noticeable.

- Question how do you load my pictures so that they show up on the whole page without having to click on them to open???
wow good thing you turned around when you did, we got stuck in a retarded stop and go traffic jam for half an hour on the way to the gas station in the town we were heading to... some county sheriff decided he would "direct traffic" at an intersection for no apparent reason! backups for miles!

to post your pics, first get an account at photobucket.com then upload to an album there, then link us to the album or copy their [IMG] tags and paste here
Old 10-10-2007, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
votes on if I should just buy this and screw it onto my car?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...spagenameZWDVW
Old 10-10-2007, 11:30 PM

SLK 350
Originally Posted by ctC230K
That's for SL... I think?
Price .... great deal !!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:40 PM

XLR
Thanks man here are some pics!!

Prospect Hills apple farm:
Didnt last there five minutes, left without apples. It was like ninety degrees!

here is one after the pit stop on the way to the farm:

lots of bikes to! What a great day!!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by ctC230K
just cut it in half, fiberglass to fit and PERFECT mod on your car!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
just cut it in half, fiberglass to fit and PERFECT mod on your car!!!
ya thats what i'm thinking, it would save on having to repaint the spoiler and it looks like it comes with fogs!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ok, I couldnt not do it... NORTHEAST MERCEDES MEET Oct 6/7