Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 07:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by bags
awesome turnout chappy!

I left you a calling card, sorry I could not stay longer, had to go to work

VERY NICE AMG'S at the meet.
Thanks. Got your calling card....we must have been in the tech session inside when you stopped by. Having 3 Black Series CLK63s was a treat!

Last edited by Chappy; 11-12-2007 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1983 240D, 1989 300E
I require more pics since I couldn't make it
Old 11-15-2007, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
There's a good picture thread going over in the Private Lounge. Perhaps some of those guys will post them here as well.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Thank You Mercedes-amg!!

I would like to extend a huge Thank You to the AMG Private Lounge and to MBUSA/Product Management for their generous support of the 3rd Annual AMG Enthusiast Meet in Atlanta, held November 10th.

The event drew interest from many states and registrations were received from as far away as Texas – and even one bold chap from the UK. Turns out, he was unable to attend, but we are seeing the overwhelming desire of AMG Enthusiasts to gather together. This year, we decided to keep the event in one location which worked very well for overall participation. We ended up having 56 AMG owners show up with their cars, and many more enthusiasts and AMG supporters dropped in to see what all the excitement was. I think our meet was posted on several other car boards too, as we had numerous modified BMW, Supra, Lexus, Porsche and other marques circling the area trying to find out what a bunch of AMGs were doing hogging the choice parking spots at Andretti Speed Lab.

Several out-of-town AMG owners arrived the afternoon prior to the meet. Since we had a convenient hotel picked out, I ventured over to the Amerisuites in Alpharetta around 6pm on Friday and immediately noticed a CLK63 Black Series with an Ohio tag and a familiar W208 CLK55 from Indiana had already staked their prime parking spots in the hotel lot. Introductions were made and soon the owners were outside huddled in a small group…”typical car guys” was a comment I overheard many times throughout the meet. The sun was going down, but we soon spotted familiar xenon headlamps from an SLK55….glorious sounding machines especially when the resonator has been removed! More out of town license plates….another from Ohio, Florida, South Carolina and several from Georgia. After another hour or so gawking at the priceless sheet metal, we saddled up and headed over to Atlanta finest German restaurant, Kurt’s, located just a 20-minute drive away. The ride over went quickly as the chat centered on our passion for all things AMG. At Kurt’s, they had prepared a private dining room for our intimate group. We broke bread, shared some suds and bantered about some of the online posts we had read recently. With our bellies full, we steered back to the hotel and were greeted by a throaty-sounding G55 piloted by our own AMG Chief Editor, who had just finished schooling a Mustang, AMG style! By now, it was getting late and we were all anxious for the meet the next day.

It was very chilly (for Atlanta) Saturday morning, but the sky was a perfect blue and by the time I had gotten to the meeting location, there was a small fleet of mobile detailers, thanks to Onsiteshine. They were busy detailing AMGs while the Private Lounge Group was getting the AMG banner spread over the registration table, adorned with extra issues of the 40th Anniversary Magazine – most of the copies went very quickly!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Chappy,
This is one meet I did not want to miss... unfortunately...
Can't wait to see pics.

...any chance you got any extra issues of the 40th Anniv mag ?

unfortunately, I'm out of the country again, currently doing special work in Bangladesh.

Thanks !
Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
Old 11-20-2007, 06:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Cars began showing up in bunches….we circled the parking area with just about every AMG imaginable: C36s, W208 and W209 CLK55s, three enthusiast-owned CLK63 Black Series, G55, a brace of SL65s, S63s, S55s, a RennTech CL65, ML55, CLK55 cabrios, multiple SLK55, SLK32s, E55s (both W210 and W211), E63s, CLS 63s and 55s, SL55s and display vehicles CLS63, E63 and CL63, courtesy of our friends at the Private Lounge and MBUSA/AMG. Owners introduced themselves and shared stories and experiences with each other. Since there was a convenient restaurant on-site, many headed over to Ethyl’s for a bite to eat around lunchtime. I enjoyed a nice lunch with my friend Brian from the UK (we met in Barcelona at the Laureus Awards in 2006, courtesy of an AMG Private Lounge giveaway), and his lovely girlfriend, Kayla. It was great catching up with old friends and making new ones.

Throughout the day, attendees had the opportunity to display their racing prowess, on track, at the Andretti Speed Lab indoor karting facility. Suffice it to say, there are some pretty fast driver’s in our crowd, but the overall quickest time was garnered by Owen (rsr911) as he is known on the boards. Being Law Enforcement may also have given him an advantage!

At 2pm, we congregated in a private room set up at Andretti where we were treated to a presentation by the AMG Product Management. A question/answer session followed and our guests were able to get into the nitty-gritty of some very pointed questions about transmissions, modification, race fuel and other topics. After the session, many returned outside to the cars for photos and discussion while others managed to find a helmet and try their luck on the karting track. Of course, the comparison of time slips was all the motivation some folks needed to return to the track, trying to improve their times! Do I need to mention the AMG crowd is a bit competitive?

For those who registered for the dinner, our appointed dinner time of 5:30pm came quickly and we joined each other back in the private room. This time, we each had a choice of AMG caps and key chains to select from. Talk about nice stuff! We enjoyed a buffet dinner with a number of BBQ selections, vegetables and desserts – I zeroed in on the peach cobbler which was outstanding. Several presentations were made after dinner and included: Fastest Time Karting – Owen; Farthest Distance Driven to the Meet (566 miles, South Florida in his SLK55) – Gary P.; People’s Choice Award – Rich K. (W208 CLK55 cabrio with AMG supercharger); and Best of Show – Angelo C. (debadged SL65). The meet was over all too soon, but everyone had a great time and enjoyed the camaraderie of fellow AMG Owners from all over.

I can only say thanks to all who attended. This meet has grown each year, and we are very lucky to have support from our friends at MBUSA/AMG and the AMG Private Lounge. We look forward to seeing you all again next year!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Saprissa
...any chance you got any extra issues of the 40th Anniv mag ?
Saprissa@aol.com
There were dozens of copies that were given out....went like 'hotcakes'

I didn't realize until after I posted pics over on the Private Lounge that all my photos were taken in Sepia mode...DOH! Anyway, other members may have some photos they would like to add to the thread as well.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Pics as requested.
Attached Thumbnails ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-1.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-2.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-3.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-4.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-5.jpg  

Old 11-20-2007, 07:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
More of the day.
Attached Thumbnails ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-6.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-7.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-8.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-9.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-10.jpg  

Old 11-20-2007, 07:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Sepia baby
Attached Thumbnails ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-11.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-12.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-13.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-14.jpg  
Old 11-20-2007, 07:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Some others too...
Attached Thumbnails ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-15.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-16.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-17.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-18.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-19.jpg  

Old 11-20-2007, 07:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Credit "Easty" on the color shots.
Attached Thumbnails ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-20.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-21.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-22.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-23.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-24.jpg  

Old 11-20-2007, 07:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Here are a final few...
Attached Thumbnails ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-25.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-26.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-27.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-atl-28.jpg   ***3rd Annual AMG Meet - Atlanta - November 10th***-black-series.jpg