Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

JULY 12 - FARMINGDALE - TUNING TECHNOLOGY HOMEBASE MEET - NY/NJ/PA/CT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by jstrat85
your car is at c&m right? chris is takeing care of it????
nah, thats the other tommy. the "big" tommy.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:00 PM

02 330i & 99 ML430
my tires are fully inflated to the proper air pressures, the interior is clean as a whistle and i fixed up my headlight trim. all i need to do tomorrow is get my oil change and get a car wash. see you guys tomorrow. i'm bringing forks, napkins and plates.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:54 PM

tricked out turbo w202 & a tricked out porsche 996!!
Originally Posted by Tommy_s4
nah, thats the other tommy. the "big" tommy.
i see i thought that was you.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:03 PM

i didnt know that we are doing a cruise?? if anything ill meet up with guys after that cruise. i got 9 points on my licens and i know for a fact the cops are going to stop us!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
If there is still space I would love to come...I may show up and park somewhere else. Not going to six flags we had some bad news, one of my friends father had to be hospitalized. We decided not to go.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:30 AM

02 330i & 99 ML430
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
If there is still space I would love to come...I may show up and park somewhere else. Not going to six flags we had some bad news, one of my friends father had to be hospitalized. We decided not to go.
lol, strike 2 became a foul ball.

i bet there is a spot free for you anyways. just wait for oxygen to get back to you which should be shortly. hope to see you there.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Solidjake
lol, strike 2 became a foul ball.

i bet there is a spot free for you anyways. just wait for oxygen to get back to you which should be shortly. hope to see you there.
I guess so...very sad though. Thanks.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:27 AM

06 CLS55 AMG
Anyone seen or heard from Rennstage?

noone has seen him at the local bestbuy meet, hope he's not locked up.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Guys had a blast!!! it was nice meeting everyone and putting the names with the face. All I could say is the cars were incredible!! Just amazing machines. Met Bruce the owner of Tuning tech and real stand up guy. real funny too and down to earth.

Would have loved to stay for the run, but had to take my lil brother to work.

Would definitely consider doing mods at this location. The SLR is just to die for...
Old 07-12-2008, 06:45 PM

2003 S-600
What a great time I had!! I have been to many car meets but Bruce threw one helluva shindig.. It was a pleasure meeting all of you and putting faces to the names I see on here.. Cant wait for the next one.. Bruce is definitely a stand up guy. When I decide to mod my 600 further Ill be talking to him about it! Highlights of the meet:

SLR McLaren
Loudest Lamborghini Gallardo I have ever heard in my life
SLR McLaren
Tom's Lemonade FTMFW!!!
SLR McLaren
Trying to convince Tom to lease a "silent" S600 for his next car by taking him for a ride in mine.
SLR McLaren
50 Mile cruise with 20+ High End cars at uhh legal speeds
SLR McLaren
CLK 63 Black Series with straight pipes
SLR McLaren
Me almost running out of gas on the cruise
SLR McLaren
Catered affair and cake MmMmMMMmmmM!!
SLR McLaren
Everyone wanting to race ProjectC55
SLR McLaren

Did I mention the SLR McLaren there that was pure sex?

Seriously speaking that was a great meet. Im only sorry I was forced to leave so soon. Any of you clowns that missed it should come the next time Bruce throws one

PS: Anyone else think that Bruce looks alot like Brucie from GTA 4?
Old 07-12-2008, 08:46 PM

2005 SLK350 Emerald Green Metallic
A huge thank you to Bruce for hosting the event and the scenic cruise. I am glad to have met all of you. Food was great, the drive was even better . I look forward to the next time
Old 07-12-2008, 09:23 PM

2015 E63S AMG & 2013 GLK350
Had a great time today, Bruce thank you very much for the great food and hospitality - and a ride in the Porsche, very impressive

It was nice to see you guys again and meet some new people

And thanks Tom for rushing back from the cruise to get the lemonade ready
Old 07-12-2008, 09:35 PM

it was nice to see you all today again, were are the pics????????????
Old 07-12-2008, 10:35 PM

02 330i & 99 ML430
damn it, i'm working on the pics bro.

today was a greatttt day. i had a ton of fun. food was great, thanks for everything bruce. you have a very nice shop. the cruise was NICE. hehe
Old 07-12-2008, 10:46 PM

2003 S-600
Here's a couple I pulled off my blackberry. Oxygen got a ****load of pics.. Gotta wait for him to get em up and runnin

Old 07-13-2008, 07:48 AM

06 CLS55 AMG
If you could only go to one car meet a year,

THIS WAS THE ONE.

Thanks to Bruce for hosting and previewing alot of his Tuning work.

The cars were incredible! The car enthusiasts that came out were great , and the Ride was the thrill of a lifetime! The food and drinks were top notch! The weather could not be beat.

The SLR and Lamborghini on the road together was Pure Eye Candy.

It was Great to see friends and make new ones. Hope to see all of you guys soon!

*Small nightmare* a Video camera flying thru my windshield....lol

Last edited by Jocampo; 07-13-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:17 AM

your car was bad ***!! nice to meet you!!
Old 07-13-2008, 01:19 PM

'04 Porsche 996TT X-50, '95 M3 Built & Blown
Genevieve and I want to thank all of you for taking the time out of your busy lives to come out to our gathering. We can only do so much and what made it such a great day was the people.

Yes, the cars were quite impressive but the quality of the people attending surpassed by a mile our previously hosted meets. The conversation, the joy on people's faces, the appreciation of car enthusiasts, the food, the drink and the beautiful, scenic route.....it was a great day and thank you for coming.

A couple of observations:
You'll know who I am taking about!

If she had dropped the camera(MY video camera!) it would have bounced on the road first and then it would have hit you front bumper(major damage at 90mph) and not your windshield! A little dramatic?...........Jen what do you think ? Dinner will be awesome this week.

The Dukes of Hazzard move of coming out of the alley at 30mph with a little drift on 110 and no regard for his front spoiler or bumper!

The guy that was popping hoods, taking pictures, starting project BS to let EVERYBODY hear the growl of the canless exhaust, taking pictures, helping out to make this as great as it was, taking pictures, consuming a fair amount of "refreshments", taking pictures, being the official TTMS social butterfly(thanks Bro!), taking flying Nico pictures, realizing I am 100% right with the wheel issue and the tri-tip on the exhaust(you'll love it) and walking in and out and in and out and in and out.....

That little green rocket disguised as a SLK350 staying with the the loudest car on the cruise, the co-pilots ability to balance herself like Captain Morgan on top of the windshield for the video shoot, the intelligence of making the correct lane change before everybody else, the longest cruise to get to this gathering and what great people they were.

The gas deprived V12 half way through the cruise because of the constant "rapid" acceleration, his jovial happy demeanor that engulfed everyone he spoke to and a very knowledgeable car guy.

A $200k rocket with no air filters (what are you thinking?), you and your brother for being awesome people and for you being able to stop by instead of going to Exit 7A on the NJT(even though the reason that you didn't go to Six Flags is heartwrenching and our prayers are with your friend and his family). Tri-tips would look SICK!!!!

The mellowest burnout expert just cruising the whole ride which probably made him go home and take out a TA and do burnouts until the wee hours of the morning, the appreciation of the P-car ride and the look on your face when it hit boost!

Besides me there was one person that got to experience a SLR and a 996TT X50 in a 48 hour period and now know the 996TT would wax that SLR!

The guys that brought out 2 of the most beautiful 5-series on the road today and a really smart car enthusiast that was 4 or 5 years old. You would have loved the cruise. I hope you got the SLR picture with your son to put over his carbom fiber bedroom set

My soon to be neighbor with his awesome P-car that will eventually be first in his spec-class after we "tweek it" and his co-pilot son who loves this stuff!

The flamethrower that was constantly wanting to experience 150-160 just about the whole cruise and his understanding co-pilot who really wanted to be driving instead.

Even though we had plenty of food he brought soda and burgers and he really showed so much appreciation for everything. You da man!

The cake delivery peron who we haven't seen in a while and bogeyed half way through the cruise(it was great seeing you seriously).

The grin on someone's face just because of a rear exhaust section

The lowest G...the nicest sounding G......the coolest G owner...just a badass GGGGGGGGGGGG! Oh yeah and he brought BEER!

A s/c guy with some nice upgrades we discussed to make everything work better and a very mellow cruise participant. Yo let me see that thing go!

There was a Yaris sighting! How does feel after the SLR cruise? Not so fast huh?

The sleeper that pulled out to leave and ripped first gear, into 2nd with ABSOLUTELY NO LAG when it shifted. I should have gone for a ride with you in that thing burnout king.

Mr Mixologist that aborted the cruise to start mixing and indulged a little more himself than most.

The oldest AMG in the US with lambo doors.....stay tuned!

What an amazing group of cars!

I thought only women whinned when they were hungry.....eating before the cruise was a great idea ladies!

The hostess that made sure whether you wanted it or not you were given a plate of food, water, beer, wine.....just shut up eat and drink. Thanks babe!

No burnouts.....oh yeah we all know that is THE WORST thing you can do to a car but if it isn't your car.......what is that ticking? Who's got the video....post it. Make the backround music so loud that you can't hear the ticking noise. Gangsta!

There was only one white car there but what a white car it was. This car will never be completed until it is sold to someone else. The driveline needs to match the appearance.........lets do it. Peanut gallery....Jen.......quiet please.

You all made it the best of the best. You all deserve a standing ovation but I am soooooooooooo pooped out I will give you a cheer!!!!
:

NO everyone of you are the best of the best!

Last edited by tuningtechnician; 07-13-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:42 PM

09 335i 03 CLK55 AMG
I really have to start reading the events section more often. Always seem to see meets the day after they happen. Sounds like you guys had fun, see you at the next one.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 Mustang 5.0, '89 Supra Turbo, C55,
Sorry for the late post. Just got on my PC Sun afternoon.

Thank you Bruce for a fantastic meet! "Very professional in every respect" is the best way to describe the event. I've read/seen Lambos/SLR's on TV/internet etc. to see them up close was incredible - to ride with them on the highway was a dream come true. I also spoke briefly with the Lambo owner who was too cool. Thank you!

Great to see all the familiar faces, and great to see new ones. AMG's, AMG Black Series, 6 spd. SLK350, M5's, C55, '73 MB, Chris' new beast, Tom's car looks slammin' with the rims, the list goes on. JoeCampo, pleasure meeting you and Jennifer. (Did you see how much food I ate, and that was after my "I've reduced eating & joined a gym" speech)!

Once again, a special thanks to Bruce and Genevieve!

Now a few pics, enjoy:

Old 07-13-2008, 03:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 Mustang 5.0, '89 Supra Turbo, C55,
Part 2:

Old 07-13-2008, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jocampo

*Small nightmare* a Video camera flying thru my windshield....lol

Small correction to both you and Bruce. The camera would have bounced off my rear deck first, then landed square on your hood before impacting the windshield at a high rate of speed.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by TUNINGTECH

the co-pilots ability to balance herself like Captain Morgan on top of the windshield for the video shoot,

Mr Mixilogist that aborted the cruise to start mixing and indulged a little more himself than most.
I for one am happy the lemonade was served after the cruise, otherwise Capt. Morgan might have gone over the edge chasing the camera.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:59 AM

'04 Porsche 996TT X-50, '95 M3 Built & Blown
Where did that C55 come from?

I don't even remember seeing that car.

The reason that I don't remember has nothing to do with Tom's lemonade!

PS We did videos yesterday of the SLR vs 996TT and wait until you see them!
Old 07-14-2008, 04:15 PM

2007 cls 550
Hey guys it was great seeing you all on sat! Bruce what can i say! great day! thank you again for putting this together! sorry i couldnt stay too long.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: JULY 12 - FARMINGDALE - TUNING TECHNOLOGY HOMEBASE MEET - NY/NJ/PA/CT