Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Pictures from Dec. 4th event at Willow Springs...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 06:08 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures from Dec. 4th event at Willow Springs...

Here is a link to some great pictures from our December 4th High Performance Driving Event at Willow Springs. Photos are courtesy of one of our members and student drivers who was at the event with his C63 AMG:

Photo Gallery - December 4th WSIR

Hope to see more of you next time! Next event is January 15th. Click here for an updated schedule.

Here are some sample teasers:

Old 12-08-2008, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz E220D/GONE!JUNK!Current GLC Coupe 350d 4 Matic
///

nice....
gotta come with my Infiniti next time.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for sharing those great pictures! Any vids? Looks like the Black Series dominated that event in regards to presence.

How did any of the BS fair compare to the 430 Scud? Must've been an interesting comparison.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:28 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JamE55
Thanks for sharing those great pictures! Any vids? Looks like the Black Series dominated that event in regards to presence.

How did any of the BS fair compare to the 430 Scud? Must've been an interesting comparison.
Yes, there are videos floating somewhere but I have yet to see them or get my hands on them. Working on it!

The CLK BS's did very well. Impressively well on track. It's a heck of a car on the street and you don't even really appreciate it's true form until you get in on track (general concesus from all 4 owners). Massive torque to compensate even for it's weight on corner exits. Compared to 430 Scud...well two very different cars. They had fun together, and varying driver skill was a factor of course, but the Scud was certainly quicker. Was fun to watch both cars on track together.

At one point I was driving a 997 TT in a pack with 3 CLK63s up front, the 430 Scud, then me. We were all moving pretty quick. Was great to be behind the 430 for a couple corners..the car is very stable, well planted with massive grip you can tell. Anyhow, I passed the Scud and then the 3 CLKs. The Scud then passed the CLKs and got behind me. We ran for about 3 laps, both pulling away from the CLKs and I was pulling away from the Scud Again, hard to make any conclusions given varying driver skills. The 997 had street tires and both the CLKs and Scud are on factory DOT-Rs. The 997 did have a few extra hp, but I don't doubt with a better driver that Scud would have been much more competitive.