Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

NJ/NY/PA Gathering?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
if i knew where he got the reuben, i'd go get it! but i have no idea where he went. note that i am not a NJ-ian...
Old 04-10-2003, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02' c230
truth be told i am hoping for a rain date since that is the only way I can go.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:43 AM

2003 ML500
Originally posted by RBrenton88
I emailed Tnat to no avail, so you will be in charge of the gigantic Rueben.

And we should add ice to the list.
Okay considering the fact that i have no idea what that is or where to get it some help would be appreciated..

ice and coolers is no prob..
Old 04-10-2003, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally posted by XtacyOD
Okay considering the fact that i have no idea what that is or where to get it some help would be appreciated..

ice and coolers is no prob..

It is a big tub of corned beef covered with melted cheese. We grab large chunks with our bare hands and stuff them in our mouths.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:14 PM

2003 ML500
It is a big tub of corned beef covered with melted cheese. We grab large chunks with our bare hands and stuff them in our mouths.
well doesnt that sound quite unappetizing to me.. sorry im so damn picky about foods its not even funny that whole grabbing it up bare hands and stuffing it in your mouth isnt what gets me.. but corned beef isnt my thing... im more of a chicken and pasta kinda guy myself..

okay so since im 25 live on my own and dont cook a damn thing.. i dont think i should be left reposnsible for anything that someone might have to taste thats a little too much reposibility for me id rather stick to things poeple use rather than eat like coolers ice other things of the sort.. being a bachelor i know alot about coolers ice paper plates plastic knives and forks.. party cups.. things of the sort..
Old 04-10-2003, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
Well Tommy doesn't plan on manufacturing hotdogs in his kitchen either. Store-bought! Store-bought!

Old 04-10-2003, 12:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Honestly, seeing yellowjackets landing on a melted five-pound block of swiss cheese was not the most appetizing sight that I've ever seen.

BTW: it was from Harold's NY Deli, which is an institution here in NJ.

Well, there goes my hotdogs from scratch idea.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:30 PM

2003 C230K
I can bring chips,dip, pretzels, stuff like that.

I'll grab a case of Heinies' too. But if there are thirsty people comming we might need to grab more than just one case. So maybe somebody else will grab one too.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
Homemade hotdogs could be fun.

Go to the butcher shop and special-order 5 pounds of cow lips and a**holes, 2 yards of sheep entrails...
Grind it all up in the old LaMachine...
Squeeze the mush inside the entrails with a cake decorator...

Fresh! like mom used to make!
Old 04-12-2003, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Go to the butcher shop and special-order 5 pounds of cow lips and a**holes, 2 yards of sheep entrails...

LMFAO...That's horrible! lol Too bad it's TRUE!

Last summer we had a BBQ for another forum I post on and we had to borrow a spatula from the party next to us and STEAL a BBQ from the Park Rangers pool area lmao Before we borrowed the spatula....we were using a license plate to flip the burgers!! Hope your shindig goes better than ours did!!
Old 04-15-2003, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok, so I'll bring lots of paper plates, plastic cups, forks, knifes, spoons, and my friend if she doesn't make me nuts by then. I'll see if she can round up any friends. I'll bring a few six packs too, Guinness or Bass? Remind me of the date/time/location and headcount so I know when to arrive and how much crap to bring?

Is there anything else I should get, potato or macaroni salad? I'll start trying to recruit the strippers. Something tells me they'll have no issue meeting a bounch of dudes with Mercedes Benzs.

Anyone have any objections to me inviting a couple of M3 folks?

Edit- C'on Andrea, I'll drive to LI and pick you up

Last edited by nukblazi; 04-15-2003 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cmon guys, let's get this thing going.

I'm confirming, bringing some guiness and heinekens.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:30 PM

'05 c240 4matic wagon
Originally posted by tommy
S_L - Caroline's just called, and they want to book you.

Three weeks to go. Start detailing those cars!
Man, I'm lazy! I think I'll just go 'au naturel' like you did once to the, what was it, Bear Mountain GTG? On one of those, your ride was funky but what the heck... I call it "stealth" mode
Camouflage's the shizzle down in Tikrit these days...
Old 04-15-2003, 10:36 PM

'05 c240 4matic wagon
Originally posted by DIRKDIGLER
.....Is it col if I bring a car full of strippers, so that we can take pics of our cars with them posing next to them?

That would be nice wouldn't it?

But I just don't know if a public park would be an ideal place for that....

Then again, I think it's just too early in the morning right now, and I am still not fully awake :p
Dood, that would turn it into a ricer event...but hey, go ahead. I'll figure out a way to explain it to the wifey :p
Old 04-15-2003, 10:42 PM

'05 c240 4matic wagon

Smile - you're on FEAR FACTOR!
Old 04-15-2003, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have a few left over bottles of champaigne so i might just bring them with me.
Old 04-16-2003, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
I swear this must be the weirdest 'meet post' ever. On my last board our meets were 150+ cars and it was easier to understand the post. Seriously. Someone needs to edit the first post with all the details or start a new post with all the final details.

Otherwise, let me know what you want me to bring.

Thanks,
Erik
Old 04-16-2003, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
OK, to summarize:

The meet is noon till whenever on Sunday, April 27th at Roosevelt Park in Edison.

Directions to Roosevelt Park, Edison, NJ
From Garden State Parkway
Garden State Parkway to Exit 130 (Route 1 SOUTH - New Brunswick). See below.
From NJ Turnpike
NJ Turnpike to Exit 10 (Route 287 North).
Take Route 287 North to Route 1 North.

Take Route 1 North or South to Parsonage Road.

If traveling north, take the jug-handle back across route 1.

If traveling south, make the right on to Parsonage Road.

Take Parsonage road past Menlo Park Mall, and Past Roosevelt Hospital. Make a Left on to Oakwood Road.
I believe it will be the first parking lot on the righthand side.

Look for a bunch of C-coupes (that's how I found it last time).

There are picnic tables and grills in the grass next to the parking lot.

If anyone has better directions, please post.

Food:

It looks like we have burger and dogs, soda, chips, beer, ice, coolers, and utensils covered.
Bring anything else that comes to mind...more alcohol, friends, M3s, strippers, whatever.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
Originally posted by tifosiv122
I swear this must be the weirdest 'meet post' ever. On my last board our meets were 150+ cars and it was easier to understand the post. Seriously. Someone needs to edit the first post with all the details or start a new post with all the final details.

Otherwise, let me know what you want me to bring.

Thanks,
Erik

150??? was that a mercedes meet? at that size, you NEED good organization. assuming 15 people come to this meet, it can be pretty casual. what's the worst that could happen? it rains and we move to the mall (covered?) lot and eat at champs?

you're right. some of the tangential conversations are indeed very odd... maybe i'll bring a bmw 3 wagon to balance the sportcoupes?
Old 04-16-2003, 12:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
I will apologize for Silver_Lana & Rbrenton88's off-topic posts, they do get out of hand. :p

Erik - all of the info is somewhere in the thread, I see no need for something more offical, as like Young said, these meets are pretty casual. For good or bad, the NE meets just don't work out as well as the CA meets.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:32 PM

'05 c240 4matic wagon
I'm still working on getting the WRX pilot (Sergei) and an A4 rider to come - just to water it down a bit. They should go swell with the Mini. Our own little NJ Autoshow...
Old 04-17-2003, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by young
150??? was that a mercedes meet? at that size, you NEED good organization. assuming 15 people come to this meet, it can be pretty casual. what's the worst that could happen? it rains and we move to the mall (covered?) lot and eat at champs?
Not Mercedes, Maxima. We have meets usually once a month and people come from NY, NJ, CT, Washington DC, etc. just to go to them. Our monthly meets average 50 cars or around 75 people. We go to Rutgers parking lot or Johnson Park (by Rutgers). Our 'summer BBQ' was in Jersey City hosted by a performance shop. Raffle prizes included ACT clutches, strut bars, X-Driller rotors...etc. The raffle was $5 a ticket, hot dogs, hamburgers, drinks were free.

I understand its easy to scroll through the thread, but why should you? The first post should always show the most current info.

BTW we organize strip club meets with over 50 cars, 80 men (3 women) and we take over the club, complete with our own private sercurity guard for our cars.

Believe it or not, 1 1/2 years ago our meets were only 10 cars strong...it takes a lot of work to organize larger meets, but its well worth it.

We were also able to get dealership support. A local dealer brought three new cars to test drive.

Erik
Old 04-17-2003, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ha-

I went to Flamingo's on Rt. 46 last night. I got some takers if they don't have to work. I'll be hearing from three of them when they get their schedules. There are others that "could be paid". LOL
Old 04-17-2003, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
Tivo,

The MB crowd around here doesn't seem to want to travel much. Even the LI people won't come this far.

I think last time someone tried to get the nearest dealer involved but he wanted no part of it. Oh well.

I like the idea of a tuner-sponsored event. That would be pretty interesting. But it seems all of the MB tuners are on the west coast.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tivo,

The MB crowd around here doesn't seem to want to travel much. Even the LI people won't come this far.

I think last time someone tried to get the nearest dealer involved but he wanted no part of it. Oh well.

I like the idea of a tuner-sponsored event. That would be pretty interesting. But it seems all of the MB tuners are on the west coast.
I understand all your points. You won't get dealership support with 10 cars. That day the dealership sold 3 cars, who knows how many other people went to him for their next purchase.

I also realize that the tuners are in the west cost, but the place we went to wasn't a maxima specific shop, just a local shop, rims, intakes, etc.

For the life of me I can't understand why people wouldn't want to drive a little to meet others with the same interests.

Erik

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NJ/NY/PA Gathering?