Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

***South Florida Meet & BBQ - Saturday May 14th*** - updated location

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 C63 AMG
Bringing my 2010 C63 and 2010 E63
Old 04-27-2011, 11:43 AM

W204 C350
I'm in!!! wooo! about time!!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 E63
1. Duke04Matt - CL63
2. PTEngineering - CLK55
3. Gus83 - E63 +2 ( CLS550 + E55)
4. im55r2 - S550
5. RedBullJnky - CLS550
6. emericr - C63
7. getno - C300
8. andonixxx - C230 + 1 E500
9. Nosonyxc63 - 2010 C63
10. AkaSigFreak - W204
11. thebenzbar - E55
12. neodoc - CL63
13. wnunez89 - c350
14. MiamiAMG - C63
15. TanMan350 - C63 and E63
Old 04-27-2011, 03:49 PM

MB CL63, BMW 328i
Exclamation

I just called Markham Park to go ahead and get our group on the books but they are already completely booked for the 14th! I am working on identifying another park in the central Fort Lauderdale area and will update on this thread as soon as I have that ironed out.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:11 PM

2009 E63
Originally Posted by Duke04Matt
I just called Markham Park to go ahead and get our group on the books but they are already completely booked for the 14th! I am working on identifying another park in the central Fort Lauderdale area and will update on this thread as soon as I have that ironed out.
how about CV smith park in pines blvd
Old 04-27-2011, 04:15 PM

2009 E63
if anything we dont need a pavilion we can just go to one of the grills on the park and set the cars around the area next to it.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:44 PM

C300 4Matic Sport, Alfa Romeo Spider (in HK)
i feel like it might be confusing if the location changes, but of course its great if there is better location and that everyone would know
Personally i would be happy just to use their parking lot lol
Old 04-27-2011, 09:52 PM

MB CL63, BMW 328i
Thanks for the feedback guys - I'll work on getting some new options sorted out first thing tomorrow. Plantation Heritage Park (approx. I-595 and FL-Turnpike) looks like a great option but since they are closed on Wednesdays I couldn't get anyone on the phone earlier. I'll also look into CB Smith.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
Definitely a BBQ - burgers, chicken, etc. is probably a good bet.

Here's a link to the facilities information at Markham Park:
http://www.sunrisefl.gov/2facilityr_Picnicp.html

Small pavilion (accommodates 20-30 people) with 1 gas grill will run ~$50. They also have larger pavilions that have 2 grills.

Presumably - unless people bring along girlfriends/mistresses/wives I imagine it will be mostly guys. I'll bring my gf if she's not working that day.
haha, I meant if you're going to be cooking a pig or something. Me and the wife don't eat pork, but I see the menu is chicken and burgers so that's cool for us. We'll probably show up unless she's flying that day.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:34 PM

2009 E63
I think at markham is fine. We can just use any of their grills
Old 04-28-2011, 02:44 PM

MB CL63, BMW 328i
Originally Posted by Peabody
haha, I meant if you're going to be cooking a pig or something. Me and the wife don't eat pork, but I see the menu is chicken and burgers so that's cool for us. We'll probably show up unless she's flying that day.
When I read that original post I wasn't sure what you meant but figured it was probably just another way of asking if it's going to be a sausage fest
Old 04-28-2011, 11:21 PM

MB CL63, BMW 328i
Question

Here's an update - Plantation Heritage Park in Central Fort Lauderdale area (approx. I-595 & FL-Turnpike) still has 2 small pavilions available to reserve on the 14th. Park is nice but is not nearly as large as Markham and importantly parking is kind of sparse. That said, the woman I spoke to said that there is a large, flat lawn directly next to one of the pavilions available and we are allowed to park there. What do you guys think? Should I reserve it?? Please post your opinion ASAP and I appreciate the feedback!

If we don't do this I think our best option is to meet at Markham as planned for the 'meet-up' part and then caravan to another spot for food afterwards for with everybody interested in food. In my opinion a good spot would be the Fuddrucker's in the Shoppes of Pembroke outdoor shopping area at approx. I-75 & Pines Blvd.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:54 PM

Received 119 Likes on 77 Posts
2019 E-450 Wagon
You can also bring your dog(s
Good idea, my Dobbie would love a ride to the BBQ pit, but wifey would be bored to tears listening to a bunch of guys talk about their cars..

That being said, not sure if I am off from work the 14h, put me down as a maybe..
Old 04-29-2011, 12:38 AM

Mercedes Benz C280
hey if you guys are all floridians you should go and check out the Mercedes Benz Club of Florida on facebook. If ya'll like it join the club and we'll have a meet in the end of may most likely at the sebring raceway track since everyone is from all over florida and sebring is like right in the middle haha. also we can have a few runs at the track
Old 04-29-2011, 05:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Here's an update - Plantation Heritage Park in Central Fort Lauderdale area (approx. I-595 & FL-Turnpike) still has 2 small pavilions available to reserve on the 14th. Park is nice but is not nearly as large as Markham and importantly parking is kind of sparse. That said, the woman I spoke to said that there is a large, flat lawn directly next to one of the pavilions available and we are allowed to park there. What do you guys think? Should I reserve it?? Please post your opinion ASAP and I appreciate the feedback!

If we don't do this I think our best option is to meet at Markham as planned for the 'meet-up' part and then caravan to another spot for food afterwards for with everybody interested in food. In my opinion a good spot would be the Fuddrucker's in the Shoppes of Pembroke outdoor shopping area at approx. I-75 & Pines Blvd.
What is the distance between the two parks? I think the NEW location sounds promising for the meet-up and the food plan sounds like less trouble, but the amenities at Markham sound nice (I like to shoot things).
Old 04-29-2011, 06:35 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
New GTG location

Go for it . Just need a link & map location.
\ See you guy's there
Cheers _PTEngineering
Old 04-29-2011, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I'm good with any place. So how many wives/gf's are coming? My wife wants to go, but she wants to know if there are going to be other females there, lol.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:17 AM

2009 E63

both locations sound good, the only advantage from fuds is that we dont have to bring food or cook, ohhhh and the rides wont get dirty with grass and dirty from the park as we all be in the parking lot.

so.... it sounds good to me, and we dont have to make reservations, we just show up.

Originally Posted by MiamiAMG
I'm good with any place. So how many wives/gf's are coming? My wife wants to go, but she wants to know if there are going to be other females there, lol.
my wife is going, i think she wants to the car there
but is what ever she says, she has the power
Old 04-29-2011, 10:23 AM

MB CL63, BMW 328i
Thanks guys for the feedback. I think we should go with the plan to meet at Markham as planned for the 'meet-up' part and then caravan to Fuddrucker's at the Shoppes of Pembroke at approx I-75 & Pines Blvd. As Gus83 pointed out, this way we wouldn't have to worry about taking charcoal, grilling equipment, food, etc., nor grass/mud from parking on the lawn at the other park.

Here's a map for Markham:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&bi...ed=0CB8QnwIwAA

Here's a map for Fuddrucker's:
http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8...ed=0CB4QnwIwAA

I have some free time this weekend so I'll try to run by Markham and scope out a good parking area.

MiamiAMG - My gf wants to go and is going to try to trade shifts with another nurse on her floor so she can make it.

Last edited by Duke04Matt; 04-29-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:03 PM

2009 E63
Thanks guys for the feedback. I think we should go with the plan to meet at Markham as planned for the 'meet-up' part and then caravan to Fuddrucker's at the Shoppes of Pembroke at approx I-75 & Pines Blvd. As Gus83 pointed out, this way we wouldn't have to worry about taking charcoal, grilling equipment, food, etc., nor grass/mud from parking on the lawn at the other park.

Here's a map for Markham:

Here's a map for Fuddrucker's:

I have some free time this weekend so I'll try to run by Markham and scope out a good parking area.

MiamiAMG - My gf wants to go and is going to try to trade shifts with another nurse on her floor so she can make it.

if you want to meet up at markham, once you enter through the gate, go straight and over the bridge, then you will come across a large paved parking lot where everyone can meet and ride out.
the only down side is that you will have to pay to get in, im just going straight from my house to fuds as i live 2 min away from there
Old 04-29-2011, 01:16 PM

MB CL63, BMW 328i
Originally Posted by Gus83
if you want to meet up at markham, once you enter through the gate, go straight and over the bridge, then you will come across a large paved parking lot where everyone can meet and ride out.
the only down side is that you will have to pay to get in, im just going straight from my house to fuds as i live 2 min away from there
You think it'd be easier to have everyone just meet up in one of those big parking lots on the backside of the Shops at Pembroke shopping center instead of at Markham? It seems to me that would work fine as well since everytime I've been out there the 'faraway' lots in the back have a ton of parking available.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:39 PM

C300 4Matic Sport, Alfa Romeo Spider (in HK)
You think it'd be easier to have everyone just meet up in one of those big parking lots on the backside of the Shops at Pembroke shopping center instead of at Markham? It seems to me that would work fine as well since everytime I've been out there the 'faraway' lots in the back have a ton of parking available.
lol i have been there so many times, there will probably be enough spots but its kinda hard to locate exactly where in there, i get lost in there sometimes

MiamiAMG, my gf should be coming too, so bring all the ladies
Old 04-29-2011, 02:06 PM

2009 E63
id say meet up at fuds and park in the front lot of fuds, i dont see why there would not be plenty of spaces for everyone.

Originally Posted by getno
lol i have been there so many times, there will probably be enough spots but its kinda hard to locate exactly where in there, i get lost in there sometimes

MiamiAMG, my gf should be coming too, so bring all the ladies
my girl is not going to the meeting with me, instead she is going to the meeting and im just keeping her company as she is driving
we know who the boss is
Old 04-29-2011, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
I'm getting both maps for Markham so here is the link for Fudds.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8...ed=0CB4QnwIwAA
Old 04-29-2011, 05:23 PM

MB CL63, BMW 328i
Great - Fuddrucker's it is then. Say noon on the 14th to start rolling in to the lot? I can no longer edit my original post so I'll PM a moderator to request assistance with that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***South Florida Meet & BBQ - Saturday May 14th*** - updated location