Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

MD/DE Eastern Shore Drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550 4-Matic, 2004 SL600
MD/DE Eastern Shore Drive

Would there be any interest of a drive/tour around MD/DE's Eastern Shore area in the Mid/Late-July timeframe?? I was thinking starting in Elkton, MD and taking 213 down along the Chesapeake Bay side of the shore, then heading across and picking up 9 North in Dover and heading up the Delaware Bay to New Castle, DE. Folks could join/leave as they see fit, there is a Grille in Centerville that is suppose to be pretty good, would make for a nice lunch stop, from there those wishing to head back could head across the Bay Bridge toward DC or continue with the drive to the Delaware side.

I have traveled these roads for many years by motorcycle, have organized (friendly not formally) and lead many a ride, by motorcycle. But a convertible is new to me, and being a MB I find alot of the MB owners (like motorcycle riders) like to get together, what better way than a nice drive in the country with these fine automobiles.

The initial thought for the route is only about 160 miles, but with folks traveling to/from that is probably more than sufficient for a day. If there is any interest I'll go more into setting things up, permission for a place to start from, arranging a place for lunch and letting the ending know there will be a contingent of MB drivers descending on their place late in the day. Of course any/all are welcome, even your friend with the BMW, but tell them to be on their best behavior, those BMW folks tend to get rowdy around MB owners.

Most of the events on this side of the country seem to be more centered around DC or NY, this will hopefully give some of those between a chance to get together.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550 4-Matic, 2004 SL600
200 views and ZERO interest....guess I'll go by myself....