Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

OFFICAL Bear Mtn. Thread for meet on July 13th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 12:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Ok, now for the fun part. I'll scope out the park next week after work to try to make sure of where we'll meet.

What I'm bringing:
charcoal
matches
burgers
Miracle Whip

Please post what you'll bring to the meet (11:30 at Palisades Center, far out parking lot by Home Depot), so that we'll know who's bringing what, and so on.

The lucky person who guesses correctly what Silver_Lana brings this year (if he's coming) will win a special prize.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tommy- Make sure you let me know when you are going so I can join you...

I'll bring my scrawy ****, attitude, and some beer... anything else?

b4rp....:o

Last edited by nukblazi; 07-01-2003 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Originally posted by tommy
You're right - this thread sure is setting the world on fire!

For those of you who don't know the area, here's the addy for the Home Depot at the Palisades Center:

2024 Palisades Ctr Dr
West Nyack, NY 10994

We'll be meeting in the far parking lot near there. It should be pretty obvious by 11:30 where the group is.

Anyone have a grill? I don't think that Bear Mtn. has them, if memory serves.
I'm confused...we meet at the mall and drive to Bear Mtn?
Do you have the direct addy to the Mtn?

Erik
Old 07-03-2003, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally posted by tommy
Ok,
The lucky person who guesses correctly what Silver_Lana brings this year (if he's coming) will win a special prize.

Answer: Nothing

Do I win?
Old 07-04-2003, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No, because we all knew the answer

I have no idea where the home depot is. That Wayne Recreation place was really cool. unfortunately, we were ably to do powerslides and figure 8s but you needed to pretend you didn't car about you car for that moment as there were fist sized slate rocks in some places....

What is it going to take to get you guys to all join me at an AutoX for a partial/mini meet so we can really have some fun with the cars?
Old 07-05-2003, 05:13 PM

e320 2000
Bear Mt. Meet?

What time ?
Old 07-07-2003, 05:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally posted by RBrenton88
Answer: Nothing

Do I win?
Yes, you win the Celine Dion box set (no pun intended).

Erik, if you wanna go directly to Bear Mtn., follow the directions until you get to the exit that says "Bear Mtn", and follow the signs. I'll have a full writeup of where we'll be setting up shop by Wed. night.

Suntubi, we're meeting at 11:30 in the lot by Home Depot at Palisades Center - seemed much easier than trying to meet up at Bear Mtn., where everyone could get confused. Erik should remember the confusion at the last Edison meet; I sure do.

Does this mean that I'm the only one bringing food? People, bring something! Sheesh!
Old 07-07-2003, 06:09 PM

2003 E500
What do we need? Can anyone post a list of who is bringing what?

Do we have a grill?

Thankx!
Old 07-07-2003, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tommy damn you lost your organization skillz...

What happened???? What do I need to bring if I go.... (two autox events that weekend one at english town and an autox school that I want to go to)

Not sure what to do????
Old 07-07-2003, 08:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

For the record, this is not "my" meet.

I have posted what I will be bringing, and no one else posted anything at all. I can certainly do something else on Sunday if there is no interest in an event.

I'll be going to Bear Mtn. tomorrow or Wednesday. At last year's meet, someone brought a grill. But there are some areas that have them.

But the interest seems to be just a hair over zero, so don't know if it's worth the effort at this point.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I need to know if I should make the 2 hour drive or not...

and the answer to my original ?....do we meet at the mall or this Bear MTN place (the second I have no clue where it is)

Erik
Old 07-08-2003, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok-

For fuggs sake people.

We meet at the mall, we drive to the mtn. we park. we cook, we shoot the *****, then we drive some of the FRIGGEN awesome roads up there...

Then we park, have a couple cool ones out of the sun, and wrap the day up...

Tommy- Let's do the cruise tomorrow after work, then plot out a schedule and make this our meet. If No one friggen responds once it is more organized, the few of us that are interested, either continue with the meet or go autocrossing?

tifosiv- Make the drive, either way, we should do something. There is a SCCA South Jersey Region AutoX in Englishtown, an SCCA AutoX School at Nassau Coliseum, and the Philly region has crap going on. Where would you be coming from? Bear Mtn. is off of the Pallisade's Parkway in New York State. It is off of Exit 18.

EVERYONE ELSE- post if you are interested so we can get a count going. Ask any questions you have as simply as possible.Click me, Click ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2003, 09:05 PM

2003 E500
i'm in!!!! and may have one or two other Benz friends that want to come!

Just let me know what i need to bring!
Jay
Old 07-08-2003, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Let's continue the Role Call for now....

Tommy
Nukblazi
jayse500
tifosiv122

Quote the list and add yourself +guests if you are going to attend. If you're not going to go, don't fug up the thread
Old 07-08-2003, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Bear Mt. Meet?

Originally posted by suntubi
What time ?
We are going to drive to Bear Mtn tomorrow and scope things out, time the drive from the Mall, etc. etc. etc. and we will post the plan including times tomorrow night.

Can we count you in, either at the Mtn. or at the mall. We need to know so we can get enough food, parking, etc...
Old 07-09-2003, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by nukblazi
tifosiv- Make the drive, either way, we should do something. There is a SCCA South Jersey Region AutoX in Englishtown, an SCCA AutoX School at Nassau Coliseum, and the Philly region has crap going on. Where would you be coming from? Bear Mtn. is off of the Pallisade's Parkway in New York State. It is off of Exit 18. [/URL]
I can walk to englishtown from my house...I am not driving 4 hours to go back to my house in Manalapan....

Erik
Old 07-09-2003, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'll go only if we do something up there...otherwise I will meet you if your in my area...btw its me +1 GF.

Erik
Old 07-09-2003, 12:17 PM

Count me in. I have that ghetto power invertor and a george foreman electric grill, but i dont think that thing is big enough lol./
Old 07-09-2003, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tommy
Nukblazi
jayse500
tifosiv122+1
x15jq
If the Bear Mtn. thing doesn't pan out, and we end up going to Englishtown, you will know by the end of the week.

Englishtown might actually be on Sat. I need to check it out tonight.

Either way, we should do something this weekend, and we will do something...

What about Rick and RBrenton88 and ... and ... and ...???
Old 07-09-2003, 12:44 PM

I liked seaside last weekend Tom, but thats kinda far for everyone. I could bring the electric grill, it does work good for hotdogs and such, but can only cook like 6 at a time max.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
If the Bear Mtn. thing doesn't pan out, and we end up going to Englishtown, you will know by the end of the week.

Englishtown might actually be on Sat. I need to check it out tonight.

Either way, we should do something this weekend, and we will do something...

What about Rick and RBrenton88 and ... and ... and ...???
I have a family picnic on Sunday. And it's at my house, so if I'm not around to watch things, the guests might steal my valuables.

I'm sure you understand.

Keep me posted on the next one (hopefully further south)
Old 07-09-2003, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by x15jq
I liked seaside last weekend Tom, but thats kinda far for everyone. I could bring the electric grill, it does work good for hotdogs and such, but can only cook like 6 at a time max.
I want to try to plan a Aug. meet down the shore in central coastal NJ. That way, NJ, PA, DE, NY people could make it unless they decide not because they are all lazy chumps.

I know the area well so we could bbq for lunch at a county or state park, then cruise to the beach, then cruise the strip in the MBs!!!

But for now... Damn it Rick, send the inlaws packing and join us. Next one will be further south, see above.

Anyone else??? C'mon people, free food, fun in the sun, great roads to drive on??? What do we need to bring to interest you people?
Old 07-09-2003, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If nobody confims something by Saturday I am not going to make the drive...especially if everyone is going to come back to E-Town...I think i'd kill someone. IF everyone wants to go to E-Town, you are more then welcome to meet at my house before-hand and go as a group to the track....

Erik
Old 07-09-2003, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e-town is on sat

http://autox4u.com/nnjr.htm

We will be meeting on Sunday, July 13th at Bear Mtn., less people means more food for us, but it would be nice if you could make it.

Saturdays registration is between 8 am and 9:30 am, would you like to meet up sat for a good day of AutoX?
Old 07-09-2003, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sunday July 13th-

We are going to meet in the Anthony Wayne Recreation Area which is exit 17 off of the Pallisades pkwy.

Meet agenda;
We will meet at 11:30 am. From 11:30 -12:30 we'll hang out shoot the *****, get acquainted, drink beer.

Food;
We'll start cooking when we get hungry. There are grills in the park, and lots of available parking, and space for drifting, spin outs, etc.

If you want to eat or drink something specific, bring it. Otherwise, I will bring enough generic soda, water, hotdogs, and hamburgers for about 10 people, unless more people acknowledge the roll call.

Cruise;
Around 2:00 pm we will set out to cruise the mountain roads. The twisties are amazing and there are abundant places to stop for scenic views and photgraphs. We'll head out when we are ready to call it the day. I have a date in NYC afterwards and I can lead people back to the metro area.

Getting to the event;
I will be in south jersey for an autox on Sat., and I will be sleeping in Toms River. If anyone would like to caravan from the south jersery, shore, or central area, please let me know and we will make arrangements. Expect to leave at about 9:30am.

Other brands;
We are all enthusiasts to spend our Sunday celebrating our vehicles and friends. Please invite, or post links to the meet on other forums, invite friends, family, whoever, as long as they are not someone you would expect to embarASS you or insult us. It is very simple, respect, fun, and an enjoyable day.

Here are directions;
Anthony Wayne Recreation Area and Bear Mountain Park are situated in the Harriman State Park, and are about 40 miles north of NYC.

For those coming from NJ, take either I-287 or the Garden State Pkwy to Palisdaes Pkwy north, and off at exit 17. For those coming from Long Island, NYC boroughs and Westchester, take the Tappan Zee Bridge west to Palisades Pkwy north, and off at exit 17. For those coming from Connecticut, take I-84 west to I-684 south to Tappan Zee Bridge west to Palisades Pkwy north, and off at exit 17.

If I missed anything, please let me know, and I will modify the post.

If you think it is a good idea to delete this "official" thread, and start an Official thread with this post and the current role call, please let me know and it will be done.

Also, let me know if you would like to join me at Saturday's AutoX at Englishtown. No 1/4 mile, AutoX...

Last edited by nukblazi; 07-09-2003 at 11:40 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OFFICAL Bear Mtn. Thread for meet on July 13th