Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Nelson Ledges pics - Performance Driving School

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ex-C32

The link attached has a few pics from Western Reserve Section Driving school from this weekend. It rained most of the time which kept the track wet. It really gave us a chance to test the electonic aids. Though a SLK 32 owner who has more than 15 years driving experience tried the slippery course without ESP, we ended up pushing him back on the course after he went off and got stuck in the mud. There was also a E36 M3 that went off(sorry, he was free before I could get a picture :P). We had 3 C32s on Saturday and supposedly a 4th show up on Sunday.

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=28032488303&n=335628188

I sprung a slow oil leak near the top, front, driver's side as it was leaking on that part of the motor but not on the exhaust manifold. I am thinking that there maybe a fitting that has come loose to an oil cooler as the oil filter area is dry. I lost about 3/4 of a quart.

FYI, Nelson Ledges is located in eastern Ohio where the Western Reserve section will be holding a Tri-Star event which will include, concours, autocross, dragstrip run(Thompson Raceway), and road course event at Nelson Ledges this June for MBCA members. For more details check out:

<http://www.vecmar.com/mercedes/2002schedule.htm>

Norm
Bordeau/Merlot