Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.
View Poll Results: What kind of meet do you prefer?
Laid back, BBQ hangout with displayed MBs and mod showoff/discussion
66.67%
Current type of Meet ( Combined )
19.05%
Neither - I am not interested in meets at all
14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Thoughts on Meets for MB and including Other Brands

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've told too many people that they were a$s R&*$^#%* Monkey Lovers to wear a name tag... If no one knows who I am, it gives me a chance to properly assess whether or not I want them to know who I am... j/k

I just didn't some up in BK because my brake pads didn't have enough meat on them to handle the belt pkwy safely.

I personally prefer the race type meets. There is nothing like having three Lexus owners in your little C230 as you gravel drift in Bear Mtn. park at 60+ mph. Although, there is a lot to be said for just the MB crew getting together to see who's who.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:24 AM

00' CLK 430
Originally posted by Silver_Lana
Okay then, Late July it is!

Any suggestions for a date?

Saturdays: 17th, 24th, 31st
Sundays: 18th, 25th
24th or 25th is cool to me. Let me know if need help!
Old 06-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
A Sunday meet makes more sense to me, assuming that Rick can get out of his day-long church service for a couple of hours.

Shhh, though - don't tell Ron!
Old 06-21-2004, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by face118
24th or 25th is cool to me. Let me know if need help!
Sweet! I am sure we will be asking soon.

Originally posted by tommy
A Sunday meet makes more sense to me, assuming that Rick can get out of his day-long church service for a couple of hours.

Shhh, though - don't tell Ron!
Yeah yeah.
Do we need to start a poll for dates?
Old 06-25-2004, 11:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally posted by Silver_Lana
Do we need to start a poll for dates?
Yep, and for the record, I'd prefer at least two other cars between ours at all times. Don't want another one of your "accidents". :p
Old 06-26-2004, 05:51 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
i like all kinds of cars, so it doesn't matter to me of how the meets are going. I usually go to BMW meets anyway w/ few MBs since there are very few MB meets in SoCal.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't worry, I'll be getting some devent buffer between us from now on.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Event attendance

Hi Guys:

I have been a founding member and regional director of the Ferrari Club of America's AZ region.

Every car club that I have been involved in usually has a core of enthusiastic members that show up to most events and do most of the work. In AZ we have 150+ members and a diverse group of people, cars and events....but the core group are the ones that are usually there...and that numbers 15-20.

One thing that I have found is that if you offer free food....more people tend to show up. I guess that is an American thing....."Anything to Supersize us"!

If you take it personally that most don't show...that can only lead to long term therapy! We just try to come up with fun events....invite everyone...and play with whoever shows up. As far as MB people in AZ....I haven't really found any that want to get together other than 2 of my Fcar buddies bought SL55's as well....and we will do stuff together.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
Hi Guys:

I have been a founding member and regional director of the Ferrari Club of America's AZ region.

Every car club that I have been involved in usually has a core of enthusiastic members that show up to most events and do most of the work. In AZ we have 150+ members and a diverse group of people, cars and events....but the core group are the ones that are usually there...and that numbers 15-20.

One thing that I have found is that if you offer free food....more people tend to show up. I guess that is an American thing....."Anything to Supersize us"!

If you take it personally that most don't show...that can only lead to long term therapy! We just try to come up with fun events....invite everyone...and play with whoever shows up. As far as MB people in AZ....I haven't really found any that want to get together other than 2 of my Fcar buddies bought SL55's as well....and we will do stuff together.
Thanks for the tip Dino!

Maybe you should drive you SL55 or F40 to our meet - we have FREE beer!!